Safety/seat belt/harness

pudestcon

Yeh thanks for that Dazza,

Since I posted I also have Googled and come up with a business in WA which I will contact tomorrow. I'll post here how I go. The link to there website is Seat Belt Repairs Perth WA, Seat Belt Repair Australia, New Aftermarket Seat Belts, Seat Belt Re-webbing - Seatbelt Solutions

Thanks for your efforts and all the best for Christmas.

Pud

:: Formula 500 :: www.formula500.com.au

Go to this site and phone or email the WA Contact PUD. He should be able to put you in touch with your nearest supplier of Simpson Harness.

You'ne need to weigh what you've got now compared to the Simpson set, but I would expect if you were to have an accident and the aircraft cartwheeled and broke bits of each end, you'd still be sitting comfortably in what was left.

There is nothing like sitting in a Formula 500 and feeling those wide shoulder belts tighten.

I've spoken with the guy at Seatbelt Solutions who says he can reweb 2 sets of 4 point (lap and 2 shoulders harness) harnesses for $616. This is for aviation certified harnesses so I am now thinking about non certified ones given the expense involved in the certified harnesses. Any thoughts on the use of non-certified belts - I believe a lot of ultralights have these type of belts?

Pud

• 1 month later...

Rewebbing done

Well I have finally got the existing harnesses rewebbed by a small company on the airfield at Jandakot, situated in Maule Road off Aztec Drive. They did a great job and charged a reasonable $130 per harness so $260 all up. I'm rapped considering it looked like I was going to fork out $616 at one stage although I could have purchased new harnesses (motor racing type) from Go Gear in Scarborough Beach Road for $240 each.

Pud