Thruster T83

sseeker

Has anyone got any type of specification sheet/pilot operating handbook for the T83? Turns out there was only 49 of them built and one is for sale at my aerodrome. I think it'd be an excellent restoration project for Dad and I!

Any type of info is appreciated! :thumb_up:

Thanks.

G'day Sseeker,

I rang the seller some time back and was told this aircraft was sold. Unless something has happened with the deal then I think you might be too late. I know that Riley has a T300 for sale at Bindoon albeit for a lot more money then the T83. Let us know how you go. By the way - I reckon it wouild be a good project for you and your dad.

Pud

Hey Pud,

Yeah I saw an advert for that on a sign at Bindoon, I think it was ~$12,500. I'll have to keep looking, there's a T85 (I believe) in my schools hangar thats been there for ages and apparently it was for sale, I'll have to ask about that one. It's not a worry if the aircraft needs work done, I can always restore it slowly over time.

Thanks,

Andrew

Good luck with your search Sseeker,

Let us know how you go with it.

I have a T500 being restored (with my help from time to time:laugh:), virtually rebuilt from the ground up. It can get quite expensive but sourcing parts and components over time eases the burden. The latest task I'm doing is building the instrument panel which my son has just finished painting. I have all the instruments to go in and just need to get the brass bolts to fix the instruments in place, then I can fit it to the cockpit.

Pud.

PS. I'm thinking about paying a visit to Bindoon on Sunday 9th May which I believe is a club day for Bindoon - might see you there.

Hi Pud,

Yeah I think it'd be a great experience for me to actually understand what kind of work goes into an aircraft and actually having the huge responsibility of looking after something like this.

I'll be at Bindoon the next few weekends (on Sunday) getting some solo time 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Might see you then :thumb_up:

Regards,

Andrew

Well if there was only 49 then I have the last one they made 10-0049 :) T83 ELF

had new covers fitted and been restored with only 55 min flying since to get it to my place, rotax 503 powered which has heaps of power.

I have folders of info that I got with the T83 :) what specs are you after??

cheers Pete

Hi Pete,

Just any type of info you have basically, electrical schematics, maintenance manuals, operating manuals, general speeds/performance charts just anything you think I'd find useful.

I can PM you my email address or I can provide you with webspace to upload them if you prefer.

Thanks heaps,

Andrew

Hi Pete,Just any type of info you have basically, electrical schematics, maintenance manuals, operating manuals, general speeds/performance charts just anything you think I'd find useful.

I can PM you my email address or I can provide you with webspace to upload them if you prefer.

Thanks heaps,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I got ya pm thanks and will dig out the info for ya, may take me a couple of days as I have heaps of info here thruster related so I will need to get the T83 specific info.

cheers Pete

• 5 weeks later...

single seat thruster info

Hi Andrew, Kay Hayes has handbooks on all of the thruster types, there is one that covers all single seat thrusters t83,t84,t85 series. They are very comprehensive and not exspensive about $48.00 each. contact no. 0754231963 Cheers Steve.