Any thoughts on Nexus Mustang???

Hi sloper, never seen it before, i googled it. Looks good.I think though the RV8, with its quick built kit, would be the go.With the CNC machining done to the parts of the kit- accurate parts lining up and the pre-punched holes, in the RV kit.I would go for that.IMO Cheers.

Look vvery closly at the completness of the kit. You will be working on this thing for a long time, an enjoyable build is worth extra $$. My kingdom for match hole construction!!

Vorticity

frustrated sonex kit builder!

Nothing like an RV8, in a class more like a cross between the Pollen Special and a Mustang II. Dick Eaves a Canadian Lame designed it and has build two. I saw the first C-GZVV at Oshkosh. Beautiful aircraft by a master craftsman. Wonderful flying aircraft; has a Riblett Airfoil: 37A214--37A212 at the tip and 0 deg prop thrust line to the tailplane. Speed tops out at around 210kn, 75% cruise 180kn, 2000'/min climb, stall 55kn. The first one has 1.5 deg wing washout, the stall so is benign that he did the second one at 0.5 deg and probably 0 would be O K, it's that Riblett airfoil I suspect. No kit but most of the hard bits can be purchased, but it's still a quite project.

Look up www.nexusmustang.com

Thanks for the input fella's.

Here's a link to the kit. AIRCRAFT KITS

l figure the kit would be half the price of a RV8 sitting in my garage, so l see a saving of 15-25k.

Its a kit being made 100km's a way from home as against thousands.

Bit more drilling, and maybe not as slick kit.

Engine setup will be the same.

Its Australian made.

l understand there a hundreds of RV's about but l also like to be a little different (My cars for instance)

So in my mind its well worth considering but what l am after is the pro's and cons.

regards Bruce

Australian kits

Peter Carr down in Geelong is knocking up kits for this aircraft. He is doing me a tailplane kit at the moment. The set of ribs that he knocked out for Dick Eaves was well received by Dick. Peter has a great deal of experience in fabricating metal aircraft. The kits that he will finally provide will probably be of good quality.

It is unlikely to have an RVs "ease" of construction, but it is likely to turn out cheaper, but still with good performance.

Cheers.