Web Site Newsletters?

Admin

Is a monthly newsletter worth having?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is a monthly newsletter worth having?

• Yes - I think a monthly newsletter would be good
    • No - I do not want to receive a monthly newsletter
    • I don't really care whether there is a monthly newsletter or not

Hi All

I am always aware of not abusing the privilege of being able to send out a mass email to all members but I was wanting to know your thoughts on setting up a monthly newsletter.

The Newsletter may have an overview of what is happening on the site, a reference to any new ADs or ANs, any calendar events for the coming month, any threads that seem to be a hot topic at the time - these sort of things.

So what say you - please let me know by voting in the poll - thanks

Guest pelorus32

Hi Ian,

the "renewal cycle" is inevitably longer - monthly vs intra-day - than the website. Therefore I don't see a monthly newsletter as providing similar, let alone competitive and additional value to the website.

I love the rapidity with which stuff gets to the site. How will a newsletter add more value than we get now?

Kind regards

Mike

Ok, my thoughts of why I thought a newsletter may be a worthy addition.

Some forum statistics:

Members: 545, Active Members: 505 - which means that 40 members have not been to the forums in the last 90 days

- 324 members have not been to the forums in the last week

- of those 245 of them have not been to the forums in the last 2 weeks

- of those 324, 201 have not been to the forums in the last 3 weeks

- and finally 172 of those 324 have not been to the forums in the last 4 weeks

New Registrations in the last month:

[ATTACH]981[/ATTACH]

New Threads in the last month:

[ATTACH]983[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]982[/ATTACH]

User Activity in the last month:

[ATTACH]984[/ATTACH]

A newsletter I thought would help to retain members and help to keep them coming back here so we can all benefit from more input from our fellow flyers. I am also open to other suggestions what the newsletter could contain - perhaps shop specials etc.

It was just an idea!

922032466_JanReg.JPG.d5887e4ca4fa42aa247a7f63681479e8.JPG

812225841_NewPosts.JPG.201fb75bc7113b9105a059fd022a2c16.JPG

522573173_NewThreads.JPG.3607916ecead502f53768ad014c104ac.JPG

1420097702_UserActivity.JPG.97356210b0ad423c82a295c3ff12012d.JPG

Ian

For me, the forum has everything right there in my face already. So as others have said, it seems superfluous ... and represents another burden you (or some unsuspecting moderator) can do without ;).

Perhaps another forum section dedicated to keeping users up to date with things like new lines and specials in the shop might be helpful.

Paul

Guest pelorus32

Hi Ian,

Whole new ball game - membership retention and maintaining activity levels.

I reckon that calls for some "automation" and some provision of targetted information. What I mean by that is for those of us who are here often then this is probably superfluous, there are better cheaper ways to get stuff to us. We are the converted as it were.

If people are not here regularly then the need is to "tickle" them back here by piquing their interest. Could you automate the decision making about who gets such a tickle (SELECTIF (ACTIVITY LAST 21 DAYS = 0)) kind of thing? Could you automate the content - autoformat a "newsletter" that contains or contains links to the most popular threads over the last 3 days and carries current shop specials etc? Then just have a link allowing those people to opt out of being tickled? (though why you would want to opt out of being tickled.....;)).

Just my two bob's worth.

Kind regards

Mike

Newsletter

Hi Ian,

It is I think a good idea,especially taking on board some of the remarks and concerns.My main concern would be the possibility of breaking someones back.I have seen it happen in other organisations where avalued member becomes so burdened that they depart altogether,and you lose a valued member.

All the best Dave

• 2 weeks later...