TVSA @ Bacchus Marsh

Hey guys im still in the process of hunting around for the best school. Anyone had any dealings with TVSA out at Bacchus Marsh in Victoria?

It seems a little more appealing than training at either Essendon or Moorabin, less cluttered and no landing fees so they tell me.

Thanx in advance!

TVSA @ Bacchus Marsh is a GA flying school, The people there are friendly enough, we fly out of Bacchus Marsh all the time it is our home airfield, if you are wanting to learn to fly recreational out this way you could try Penfield at Sunbury, Lethbridge or Inbound aviation at Ballarat. they are the closest to here it just depends on what type of aircraft you want to learn with.

Cheers

Brian

Yeah im looking at GA type training. Im in Sunbury so Bacchus seems like a good option.

Was kinda hoping to hear from somone whos actually done their training with TVSA.....anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eland2705

TVSA is a registered Preferred Service Provider for the Australian Air Force Cadets and had to go through some pretty stringent hoops to get that.

All of the Cadets from my Squadron that have been through them are all competant pilots, and have had no problems with TVSA.

Regards

Penfield 10Km North Sunbury do RAA and GA. I learnt there 3 years ago and was impressed with Their GA instructor once I got to know him. (He is also a RAA instructor). I suggest you visit and go for a TIF.

• 3 weeks later...

Tarn replyed in other thread. Im happy with TSVN and definitey recommend Lethbridge for RAA. Hve a look at Tomo's GA conversion thread. I have replied there.

Call me for more info.

Jim

Hi I completed my RAA pilot licence and recent XC endorsement with AeroSport Flyign School which operates at Penfield Airfield, Settlement Rd Sunbury. I was taught by instructor Captain(Former) terry Otway and recommend him extemely highly. If I was in a jumbo going then I'd want Terry at the stick. The field is excellent and the schoolperates two Texan Topclass planes. Iliked thye place so much that I bought the school owners' (Rod Birrell) Gazelle and my flying partner and co oowner(who is also a Terry Otway trained RAA pilot) house our plane at penfield. I'm happy to discuss further so call me on 0417 345 161

Guest Dick Gower

Let me put in a plug for our school at Coldstream.

Royal Victorian Aero Club has a combined GA and RA school there.

Have a look at Royal Victorian Aero Club - Recreational Aviation for a flow chart that shows how RA and GA fit together.

Two other pieces of advice in selecting a school:

(1) never pay up front

(2) don't beleve any costings based on minimum hours. (In 45 years of instructing, I have only met one student who did it in the minimum.

Good luck,

Dick Gower

CFI

RVAC - Coldstream

• 4 years later...

Terry is now the CFI at Penfield Flight School and still at Penfield offering very competitive rates.

Take the advice of Dick Gower above, about up front payments and/or packages, Dick is a straight shooter and has been around the instructing industry a long time and knows what he is talking about.

Terry Otway

CFI

Penfield Flight School.

Yeah im looking at GA type training. Im in Sunbury so Bacchus seems like a good option.Was kinda hoping to hear from somone whos actually done their training with TVSA.....anyone?

Hey,

Where were you planning on heading with your training? CPL or for fun? I trained with them years back when they were based at Moorabbin also. Never had any problems but they are very much focused on career minded flyers.

If you are out west way, I highly recommend heading up to Ballarat and checking out the offerings. I finished my PPL with Inbound Aviation and the guys there are tops. Plus their rates are pretty good too.