Gazelle Belly Flop.

The way to look at what you are doing at any point of time is "what would the COURT FIND"? This will bring you down to earth. NO MEL (minimum equipment list) would permit operation without brakes (Where fitted) They would be sticking their neck out too far. The DH-82 (with tailSKID) operated on grass, never had brakes fitted , and did not need them. Motz. is on the money here. The other thing is that in justifying individual circumstances, you are saying in effect that "rules are for non-thinkers/ non skilled/non capable, people,. NOT for me. The system can never accept such a proposition, and will come down on you like a TONNE of bricks.. The rest out there will say 'this bloke said it was OK. I reckon I'm as good as he is so it's OK for me. The example you set is important too.

A saying I go by is "There are enough unknowns risks in the air already to not risk taking known risks into the air with you." Nev

Many a true word spoken there.

However, we sincerely hope that our young friend has learned something from his friends with more experience, to enable him to calulate the situation a little differently, should the same situation arise again.

I'm sure, he will think again about all these wise words offered, and hopefully consider it as part of his learning experience.

We all care about you Tomo, thats why words of wisdom are said, not necessarily to condem, but to make sure you're with us for a long time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic