FS 2004 & Logitech Attach 3

Guest thrasher

Guest thrasher

Hi Guys

After reading a few of the F S threads I decided to buy FS 2004 as the newer X version would not have suited my ageing laptop.

Has anyone got a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick ?

I have been finding it very touchy or is it just me.

The weather has been wet so I thought I'd have a go again at a Flight Sim as my old 98 version didn't run to well on this newer computer

Am having fun on day one checking out all the features.

I also bought Combat Flight Sim 3 but havn,t Installed that yet got both for the price of FS X

Have many of you played Combat FS 3 & wot did u think.

Regards Steve

G'day Thresher.

I am using a Logitech Attack 3 joystick with FS 04 and it worked well for about 2 years, but has since played up.

2 of the buttons tend to stick and the roller at the front stopped working. I was using it as a throttle. I got it going again but it will gradually slip back to lower settings.

It seems to be a case of cheap and nasty.

Ian Borg

Guest thrasher

Joy Stick

Hi Guys

I have now changed the other one for a Extreme 3 Pro which gives me rudder control which helps when taxiing a tail dragger...

Regards Steve

I use the Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick. I occasionally have problems with the cordless receiver but it is more convenient if I want to transfer the game onto larger tv screen.

I have seen a joystick with a separate control for power which I though would add to the realism. It was around $200 so I left it in the shop.

Any joystick with a rudder and power controls should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a "TOP GUN FOX 2 PRO" joystick which came in a package deal with the FS2004 package in March 2006 for about $90 total. It has plenty of features including throttle slide button and rudder yaw control by twisting the stick one way or the other (That feature would be nice on my trike in X-wind landings).

I've also downloaded and installed the Vista Oz packages (www.vistaoz.org/), which helps with the scenery, as well as a freeware FA-18 from I can't remember where, but it's a hoot to take for a blast through the Grand Canyon, 500kts at 50ft & bouncing off the walls occasionaly. No I don't fly that low in the real world. . .

Has anyone found any good trikes for FS2004?

Cheers,

Glen