Scat or Sceet hose

asmart

I have recently reconditioned the carby's on my Lightwing GR 912 80hp.Closer inspection found small fragments of the air intake hose in the carby.It is the flexible orange Scat hose with wire reinforcing linking the carby to the air cleaner.It obviously in need of replacment but all the orange reinforced scat or sceet hose I am able to source is technically not suitable because they are not recomended for a negative pressure situation which is created in the intake hose.I did notice that a Skyfox had a forced landing in 2000 due to the scat hose collapsing and blocking the air intake.

I would be interested what other people are using and where do I source it.

Thanks

Thank you I spoke to Superior but they found that the sceet hose is no longer recommended due to the negative pressure even though it is still widely used in these situations.I have since rang Lightwing and they are supplying what they use I suspect it will be the same sceet hose.At least it has lasted 900hours!!!

Cheers

• 1 year later...
Thank you I spoke to Superior but they found that the sceet hose is no longer recommended due to the negative pressure even though it is still widely used in these situations.I have since rang Lightwing and they are supplying what they use I suspect it will be the same sceet hose.At least it has lasted 900hours!!!Cheers

Hi how is the hose holding up and haow muck did it cost and postage when you bought it.

Thanks

Mike