New Guy With No Idea!

RubaDub06

Hello all,

My name is Ben and I live in the Southeastern part of the States. I have been interested in flying for several years and have flown only R/C planes at this point. I've never taken lessons and really have no idea what all it takes to become a pilot.

I would love to know more about the different aspects of the hobby to help me get a good understanding on how far I would want to really take it. So, you can expect me to be doing quite a bit of reading and question asking.

Hello all,My name is Ben and I live in the Southeastern part of the States. I've never taken lessons and really have no idea what all it takes to become a pilot.:big_grin:

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Ben,Is the southeastern part of the states the USA ?

The greatest requirement to becoming a pilot, is a desire to fly ,You must want to fly to start with.

Cheers and all the best,

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Ben,

Great to hear from you !!

You live in a great part of the world to " follow your dream " and whilst you don't mention your age it sounds as if you're still young and have the ability to go for anything you desire !! that is very exiting. I'd say don't limit youself but instead aim high!!. pls keep us posted

fly safe Walter

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Ben,Is the southeastern part of the states the USA ? The greatest requirement to becoming a pilot, is a desire to fly ,You must want to fly to start with.

Cheers and all the best,

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Yes, the USA. Thanks for the welcome and I'm 27. I feel old, but I guess I have a few more years ahead of me.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Welcome Ben,gee to be 27 again! What part of the states are you from? Ask lots of questions on here you are in the right place to get plenty of friendly sound advice from a great bunch of people. Enjoy your flying you can only move forward from here. Cheers Wigg

Hi Ben,

Flying R/C models give you an insight to how aircraft fly which is a good start. Many say they are harder to fly than sport aicraft.

Aircraft in the bloodstream is very infectious, and it sounds like you are already hooked, so go for it.

Good luck, and dont be afraid to ask any questions here. Just dont ask for money:laugh:

Let us know how you get on mate.

Kind Regards

Planey

I currently live in Mississippi, but I'm from Alabama. I went to my local airport today and talked with a few different instructors and some guys that just "hang around" the airport. I, eventually, decided to take the intro to flying flight, and now I have the bug real bad. Of course, the instructor took off and landed, but once in the air I got to do most of the flying. Much easier than I thought it would be, but I know much more goes into it than just flying around. I actually do think that the R/C flying has helped. I felt like I knew what the major parts of the plane were and what purpose they had. When the instructor was walking me through the pre-flight checks, I was able to understand what he was talking about. Without the R/C experience I feel I would have been a little lost.

Now, I just need to find a way to fund this new hobby.