Finally qualified!

Evening everyone,

Well the long journey I begun in August 2009 is finally complete with me obtaining my RA-Aus 3 Axis Pilot Certificate on the 18/07/2010. Very happy with my achievement and I feel somewhat 'complete' now 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Now practice, practice, practice and never stop learning, I've been told that it's my licence to learn :big_grin:

-Andrew

Thanks Pud & BlackRod.

BlackRod,

I haven't actually received my card in the post yet, at this stage all I have is a logbook entry saying I've completed it. CFI submitted all the paper work on Sunday night, any idea how long it takes them to process it all? An A4 certificate would be a great addition to the card, I'd definitely get it framed. In the future if I don't have the actual plastic card (although I plan to stay an RA-Aus pilot for as long as I can) it'd make an excellent addition to my resume+logbook for a future airline career. I like that idea BlackRod, I'd like to see it put into action.

-Andrew

Congradulations SSeeker

Sounds as though you are intending on giving your'e new ticket a bit of use, Have fun, most of all be safe!

Never stop learning, honing and multiplying you skill's. Have a few hours and am going back to relearn some stuff I haven't done for 20 years, will be a challenge.

Guest davidh10

Bet you feel chuffed. Congratulations SSeeker. It's a good feeling and an accomplishment.

I agree that the actual plasitc fantastic is somewhat underwhelming... looks like they do them with a typewriter. I've always pondered at the A4 sheet that comes with it... do they attach carbon paper to that before putting it in the typewriter 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif with the card!

I agree that the delivery is quite prompt, but variable. I've had one turn up in less than a week and also had a several week wait.

You will soon have a collection of them anyway when you get PAX and XC endorsements.

Great news Andrew, you must be the youngest person I know to have a pilots license. A Credit to you. :thumb_up:

Look forward to hearing of your flying adventures to come.

Ps. You should write up an article for the RAA mag about your achievement. Something I'm sure would be a great asset for other young members to read. :big_grin:

Thanks everyone, this is one of the reasons I choose to fly RA-Aus - the great community!

Great news Andrew, you must be the youngest person I know to have a pilots license. A Credit to you. :thumb_up:Look forward to hearing of your flying adventures to come.

Ps. You should write up an article for the RAA mag about your achievement. Something I'm sure would be a great asset for other young members to read. :big_grin:

Hey Tom,

Sounds like a good idea, I might try and write up an article later tonight.

-Andrew

Hey sseeker, well done ! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Great feeling of achievement to get your certificate (well, plastic anyway!).

Good luck with the PAX & XC endorsements.

Happy Landings

Neil

Well done Andrew, give yourself a big pat on the back

It doesnt matter how old you are, it is a great achievment

Let us know when you get the endorsements and happy flying

Cheers

Bryon

Hi Steve,

Yeah it's a great achievement, still can't wipe that grin off my face! :big_grin:

Congratulations on achieving your Cross-Country endorsement 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

-Andrew