Bluenose Canuck

dan tonner

Hello all;

I am a late starter to recreational flight having just earned my Microlight Pilot Permit in the United Arab Emirates this year while officially a "sextagenarian" ex-patriot Canadian. (Love that word....fella can dream, can't he?) I will spend another year in the UAE before retiring to Canada to pursue this (and other) hobbies.

I am now in the search for an airplane to grow with and one which will be flown primarily from grass strips. I am reading, talking, researching and fantasizing airplanes every opportunity I get. The range of options available among "Microlight", "LSA", "Advanced Ultralight Aeroplane" and "Amateurbuilt (the latter two classes being Canadian designations) is mind-boggling.

I learned to fly in an Aeroprakt A-22 (Foxbat in GB; Valor in USA) and remain in awe of the airplane. (First love?) The Skyranger and X-Air Hanuman have immense appeal as "new" machines within my budget. (Greg: if I lived Downunder I'd be knocking on your door now.) After these come a whole slew of very appealing used airpanes: Karatoos; Pelicans; the Storch variations; Avid Flyers and Kit Foxes to name a few.

I fully expect that "Recreational Flying" will become my first reference as I stumble along, grinning like a fool and loving it.

Dan

Hi Dan.

I hope you are enjoying your holiday. I am happy to take you for a fly in a Skyranger, it is only a small diversion on your way back to UAE. Failing that I can easily set up something in the UK (hundreds of Skyrangers there) for you.

Regards

Greg

Thanks Greg;

How about Canada? Any Skyrangers here?

It is not outside the realm of possibility for me to be building a Swift or Nynja in the UAE too!

Nice to hear from you, I look forward to meeting you some day.

Dan