Iphone to headset

Clear Prop sell several blue tooth adaptors. Here's the link Headsets :: Headset Accessories - Aviation Pilot Supplies Shop | Flight Gear | Aircraft Instruments

If your Iphone has a 2.5 mm round jack for remote headset, there is a cheaper adaptor available through ebay which is a direct cable hook up. I have one and it is ok to talk on, but i could never hear the phone ringing. Bluetooth through the Zulu headset is far better. Love to see (hear) how good the new Bose A 20 headsets are.

Cheers Ferris

Anyone who's handy at wiring a headset to plug into their intercom might want to check out the Peltor Bluetooth headset like the one at the below link. I stumbled across this the other night. It does seem that noise attenuation is only 25dB though, compared to 30dB on the Peltor H7's I currently use in the trike. Might be ok for enclosed cabin flying though.

3M

Cheers,

GLen

Hey biggles.

You didn't mention what headset you have but the David Clark X-11 has a 3.5mm jack socket built in to the ANR module for just that sort of thing. It even comes with the 3.5mm stereo male to male jack cable included.

I don't use it yet since I'm still learning and need to concentrate more on what I'm doing (and my instructor is saying) rather than following the lyrics to my favorite tunes. ;)

I'm sure that there are plenty of options out there, even a few simple DIY jobs.

Bear in mind that enabling BT on your iPhone will chew the battery flat pretty quick, unless you have an external charger.

Cheers,

Sometimes the obvious is right under your nose... I tried the original hands free kit that iphone provides with the phone, the ear pieces fit very nicely while wearing your headset and don't impair the audio quality of the headset. The mic sits snugly against the boom mic of the headset. The quality of received phone calls is great and am told that the other party can hear very clearly. Obviously with local radio chatter you would not be on the phone but for enroute phone coms I think it will work fine.....

Cheap but very effective.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Depends on the headset of course. Lightspeed Zulu (and the new Bose) have Bluetooth functionality built-in but are not inexpensive.

We use Zulus - and they are brilliant. The noise attenuation is especially good and bluetooth to phone functions really well; but chops through batteries a bit. Best part is the comfort; they are so light and well padded that you barely know they are on.. (And we are not an agent for them!)

I love my Lightspeed Zulu. 3 hours today and I could hardly feel them there. Blue tooth function works exceptionally well and when I'm on the phone, the caller can't even tell I'm using it. (good in some regards when the wife rings...i'm doing the housework...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)

A very quiet headset with so many features and all the cables you need to connect everything up. Ian was trying to get them through clearprop but he can't get a supplier to make it worthwhile which is a shame.