Any Trike Schools?

Guest davidh10
Ian;

Yarrawonga Flight Training (Peter McLean - CFI) would be my recommendation, but I am biased :). It's a lovely part of the world from a scenery perspective as well. Yarrawonga / Mulwala claims to have more fine days than the Gold Coast and YFT can also arrange accommodation packages to suit if needed.

Peter is a recent site member (YFT), but spends more time flying than posting here.

There's quite a few trikes fly out of Yarrawonga and there's quite a social community at the AD and around the school. Everyone is welcome to drop in for a tea / coffee, and many do, from a surprising distance.

I didn't suggest this earlier, as I thought you were looking for somewhere closer to your home.

Does it really matter who ( HGFA / RAA ) you learn with - just convert to your preferred when you are finished ?

Even if you have to pay extra Licence fee or whatever ( ??? ) it may still be cheaper than travel / accommodation / lesson expenses.

In real terms the extra difference may only be the cost of one lesson ( guessing) and the required lesson number will vary between instructors anyway.

Given the choice I'd also go with whoever you think is a better instructor as well regardless of RAA / HGFA.

Guest Crezzi
Don't forget the Sydney microlight centre at Albion park. You have up to three instructors to choose from there.

Aren't they HGFA though ? (& not in Vic !)

Yeah they are HGFA. So if you are after RAAUS then you better look elsewhere. From my understanding Peter Wilson at Tumut may in fact be both. Or Len Birger up at Sommersby if you feel like doing a bit more travelling. I can recomend Len since Sommersby is a place that will teach you more advanced skills.

Bluey.

• 2 years later...

Yes, the chopper has been operating from there for a while. Len Birger's microlight adventures is also operating from the same airfield. From what he tells and from what I've seen the two operations do not affect each other. Spoke to him recently and he's quite busy but always has room for more students.

Bluey.