Passengers Allowed... ??

Kaz

Okay, so I'm not a pilot... and to be honest I'm not likely to become one due to my lack of spatial awareness and lopsided centre of gravity. But I have over 300 hours being the number one passenger, with my husband in charge of flying and me in charge of navigating, radio frequencies, photography and of course, in flight entertainment! I love the forum as there are many great threads that do not specifically relate to being a pilot.

Does anyone mind me being here?;)

Are there others out there that have a love of flying as a passenger only?

Cheers,

Kaz

Welcome Kaz,

We love you here !!!

and we would love to see more of the #1 passenger/chief navigators to share with you and us their experiences..

Ian will probably open up a new "#1 passenger's" forum.

Best of wishes

Davidh

Welcome Kaz,

Your 300 hours navigating experiences will help others here, afterall, us pilots would be stuffed without navigators haha

over 300 hours being the number one passenger, in charge of navigating, radio frequencies, photography and of course, in flight entertainment! Kaz

You've probably got a lot more air time than a lot of pilots on this forum....especially me. I'm more than happy to have you join us, after all, it is for those who love flying. For those like me who haven't done the cross country rating yet....we know who to speak to for advice ;)

Thanks guys!

I hope I can contribute some great photos as that is my main past time while in the air. We try and take photos everywhere we go... so many great trips and wonderful people to meet!!;)

Well I'll keep an eye out for you every morning and afternoon on my way to and from work. If you look down on approach or departure and see an idiot waving madly towards the sky, that'll be me wishing I was up there with you......although, it's a bit hard to fit three in a Sportstar, so I guess I'll be wishing I was up there instead of you.

Have fun on the forum and again, welcome.

Bob

Bob, I feel your pain! I work out at Canberra Airport and there is nothing more sad than beautiful weather, planes flying around, and me... at my desk watching out the window wishing for the weekend!051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Welcome!

A different perspective will be good, maybe you can see things the pilots among us miss. Photos are looked forward to. I havn't found out how to post them yet, but will have to have another try.

Ian Borg

Chris, the MOST important thing about being a good passenger is Jelly Beans. They are essential on long trips!

Secondary to that I spend most of my time looking for good places to land (just in case), watching the instruments on my side of the dash, following where we are on the map (even though we have a GPS and moving map system, it's challenging to do it with the map only), watching out for other planes, frequency changes and general amusement duties. Singing, jokes, story telling, picking out strange things to see on the ground etc etc. When we hit bad air I generally try to not flail about or scream uncontrollably!

What I like best about flying (aside from all the great people we meet) is the planning. Maps, route planning, frequency changes, ERSA, fuel consumption, flight plans... it's a logistic dream!!

Hi Kaz, you're too good to be true.;) Will you marry me:;)5: :big_grin: My other half won't fly with me as she says "I'm not scared of going with you but I hate spewing up" :yuk: As if I want her to. Keep up the the good work and the banter, it's refreshing, especially from a lady. Doug