G'Day from Brisbane Australia

No457_Mirage

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick post to tell you about myself, I run my own business, Aviation and Industrial Inspection Services, doing Non Destructive Testing of aircraft, cranes, structures and the like, started flying before I could drive, did 12 years as an Airframe fitter and NDI Tech in the Royal Australian Airforce and am currently looking to get back into real flying. I fly alot online, FSX and IL2, but haven't had the finances to get back to the real thing, hoping my new business will afford me that privalige.

Cheers

Mirage

Welcome mate, you'll find that quite a few of us are re-starters flying wise - I gave it away for nearly 15 years and only started again about a year ago. Well worth it. Hope the business does the goods for you, who knows you may be able to justify some flying at client's expense!:big_grin:

Cheers

G'day Mirage, welcome along.

Not in Brisy itself, but nearby --

I can recommend Bryan Carpenter at Caboolture for GA training. RA-Aus training is available at quite a few places around the area. But I'm not really up to speed on it, so I'll let the others help out there.

G'day Mate.

I did my GA training at Archerfield with Gil Layts, CFI Steve Tadeucci is a crop duster pilot and will teach you the right stuff I highly reccomend them, GA training is getting pretty $$$

considering you can fly RAAus aircraft that are just as capable for 1/2 the price.

MEANWHILE if you want to fly real aeroplanes like a DRIFTER, come out to Boonah they have one online at Airsport Queensland, as well as Tecnam's that will out-perform a cessna any day (and half the price and no landing fee) I am biased though as I spend nearly every day at Airsport helping out, it is a good atmosphere.

Cheers.

RAAus hours. Count for GA?

The quick answer is YES. To convert from RAA to GA does not usually require a lot of air time. Keep the theory up to the GA level (as well as RAA) get your ARN and medical and ASIC, just before you want to change over. You may decide not to bother.Nev

Yep, my humble advice is to do your training with a good RAAus Instructor then convert over (and yes, do the CASA theory, it will stand you in good stead for your future flying endeavours and you will probably find it interesting and it will compliment your training)

As much as I love cessna's and GA flying (grew up flying Grandpa's C182 sitting in a booster seat on the RH side) - I can fly a brand new Tecnam Eaglet from Boonah that has a TAS if 118kt with a glass cockpit for $145 p/h, I am making the most of the cheaper prices before they all start putting them up.

AGAIN - There is no match to the sheer pleasure of soaring in a Drifter or some other rag and tube machine or a Tail-Dragger, being able to master one of these machines will improve your overall stick and rudder skills and you will become one with the machine.