PAX Endorsement Test!

Afternoon everyone,

Hope you've all got your votes in! Tomorrow afternoon I'm doing my PAX endorsement test, I've gone over the procedures for managing passengers etc... Has anyone got anything formal to say to make it sound a bit more professional? So far I have this list of things I need to do:

• Ask PAX about previous light aircraft flying experience and if he/she has eaten.

• Ask PAX to stand aside while aircraft is refuelled and preflighted, ensure they don't light up or disturb you.

• Help PAX get into aircraft and fasten seatbelt.

• Inform PAX of pin in top of door and shut door.

• Get into the aircraft and brief PAX on exiting the aircraft incase of emergency.

• Give PAX his/her headset and show them how it fits and how it works.

• Explain brace procedure and rules about not touching the controls/instruments/switches/throttle/circuit breakers.

• Explain forced landing procedure and note that I have been trained.

• Before takeoff safety brief.

Does that look ok to you all? My CFI also throws in a surprise engine failure and EFATO, so when he does that do I push the power back on and firmly tell him not to play with the throttle? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

-Andrew

Good luck tomorrow, mate.I think it might be to involved.I normally say."dont touch anything, shut up and hold on" lol. I know it is a test, but generaly you dont want to scare the #### out of the passenger, with forced landing procedures.Just remember to have that down pat, in your own head.The rest sounds good mate.IMO

Pax briefing.

Give them the essentials. Don't scare the **** out of them. How to belt up , how to get out if things go pear shaped. Make the experience a positive one for them and they will come back. This advances aviation. Keeping free of the controls is doing a " once around the world" movement to see if the controls are obstructed. Nev

Hi Andrew,

If in doubt you would also need to ask their weight - not more than 100kg in the case of my aircraft, plus check they have had a recent "comfort break"!

Around the airfield tell them to keep well away from propellors and assume any of them may start up at any time.

In flight tell them when you are about to do a radio broadcast, and also when you are about to pull back the power on base/final so it doesn't come as a surprise.

Good luck with the endorsement - let us know how it goes!

Cheers

Neil

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the fantastic answers, I did my test today and passed easily. I took my brother (who is a GA pilot) up for 0.5 and he thoroughly enjoyed it :big_grin: Really great that I now have the opportunity to share my passion with friends and family

-Andrew

Great to hear Andrew, it's the best showing others what you talk about.

I've been privileged to take a lot of friends and family up, and starting others in their flying journey. It is awesome to see them enjoy themselves.

When parents trust you with their kids... you have a big responsibility. Don't take it lightly.