Television content producer - New to the site

jamesgyore

The quality looks good and they are talking about $32 for the 4km2 (but the licence costs $100,000 for access to a monthly update and licence to use organisation wide). The Council wanting to work out where high/low tide is in 2010 (and going to repeat it next year) might get out of it with a few guys with GPS to wander up the beach.

The mob that flew the hi-res imagery did it from a C172 (I think) in one afternoon and files available shortly after that (except ours needed photoshopping). The downside of high resolution was that our plotter didn't have the memory, even spooling, to handle the image.

I am feeling generous - here's a low res example - it looks even worse in high resolution. The lines are the cadastral overlay.

Sue

778269897_Badaerialmapping.jpg.d43a201ecbb99da9febdf2f1b297c813.jpg

James,

Are you thinking of doing something that is along the lines of "A Plane is Born", but starting from scratch?

There is a plane that is excellent for aerial photography work of the type you want to do. It is called something like an "Air Camper" (not a Pietenpol Air Camper). It has two Rotax engines, aluminium tube frame, and the cockpit looks like a big canoe.

There was one based at Wedderburn, NSW a year or so ago, but it was sold, and I think it went to Queensland. Can anyone name the plane?

The bloke who owned it while it was at Wedderburn used it to film i-Max movies.

Old Man Emu

Elphel, Inc. | Imaging solutions with Free software and open hardware[/url] linked to computers with some usb GPS and other units (altimeter, gyros etc). I believe these are the cameras used in Google streetview.

Expensive... Hell yeah... to do properly!

Actually I really need to thank Sue,

I took a trip down memory lane and pulled out the plans I made up for the optical image stabiliser some years back.

I ended up selling the system to a crazy German, but retained the design rights... Thank god!

James.

There is a plane that is excellent for aerial photography work of the type you want to do. It is called something like an "Air Camper" (not a Pietenpol Air Camper). It has two Rotax engines, aluminium tube frame, and the cockpit looks like a big canoe.There was one based at Wedderburn, NSW a year or so ago, but it was sold, and I think it went to Queensland. Can anyone name the plane?

The bloke who owned it while it was at Wedderburn used it to film i-Max movies.

I thinking you are referring to VH-VIZ which is an Aircam - see Lockwood Aircraft Corp.

Currently in FNQ and I believe its now on floats

Cheers

John

Guest Toally87

Hi James,

i've pondered this idea a few times, i think it's a good idea.

i think RAAus or SAAA could benefit from such a documentary, get the whole recreational aviation viewpoint out to the people who are interested in aviation but maybe just don't have anyone they know who flys. I've been around planes since i was 15 or so and only just over a year ago i found out about RAA.

Good luck hope the aviation community gets you.

Cheers Toally