Finally did a TIF - Yay!

Guest Lloydster

Guest Lloydster

Did a TIF at Gawler on Saturday in a J160.

I'm totally hooked! So lessons start in two weeks time. (It would be sooner, but I have to work next weekend..Grrr.)

Guest Lloydster

Thanks guys!

I fear that Blackrod is right about their being no cure...

I will certainly keep posting about my progress, possibly more than you care to hear! (Although people on these forums are clearly really interested in others' flying experiences. You've gotta love that!)

First real lesson now moved to 6 October due to booking clash... Argh!

Welcome Lloydster to a world full of surprises and opportunities!

As someone on here states "don't take it anywhere your mind has not been 5 minutes before"

Most of all enjoy, I guess the work is the thing which pays for it! Best to be working today anyway, raining here on the YP!

Guest Lloydster

Wow! Thanks everyone. You've taken the trouble to post, so I'll take the trouble to reply:

blueshed: Sounds like good advice - hope the weather on the peninsula has improved since Monday!

rotor138: That's a complete bummer. I hope you can get back in the air again soon. Thanks for the heads-up about bookings though.

daldy: Thanks, I will bear that in mind at the overwhelming times (which I'm sure will be frequent!)

Peter: "Happy wife, happy life".... Absolutely! PS. That Tecnam P2002 is a great looking aircraft!

Cheers,

Lloyd.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lloydster

Did my first "real lesson" in the J160 yesterday. Obviously I've got a lot to learn, but so far I'm having a great time. I should have done this years ago!

Hey there Lloydster, It's great to read about people like yourself just starting out. I'm fairly new to flying myself ( 9 hours to be exact ) and love every minute i'm in the aircraft. I also think i should have done it years ago, but better late than never hey? Good on you! Keep posting your progress and if any time you need an answer to a question you will find it here. There are always people here to help. Since i have been a member of this forum i have found great support from other pilots. Anyway congratulations on your first lesson and i wish you all the best.

The Sky's the limit!!!

Cheers,

Scoob

• 1 month later...

All theory done (ages ago) 19 hours up and 4 Solo circuits. Hopefully getting close to my "P" plates, one thing is for sure no matter how hard you concentrate on a landing if that little crosswing gust

hits you it can make a good line up look like S__T, at least the other 3 solo landings were ok.