New Triker

Guest TrikePhotos

Guest TrikePhotos

Hi all.

My name's Mark. I started out on GA when I was 17 (Many years ago) but now I have jumped the fence and fly a Trike. Real Flying!

I live in Sydney and flew out of Albion Park untill the airport became unfriendly towards us (locked gates etc).

I now fly out Cowra way at least once a month staying at other Trikers farms.

Hope I can be of some use in the forum as well.

Mark

(moderated - Ian)

Hi Mark - good to see more trikers joining. I haven't got mine yet but the funds are nearly there!

You mentioned problems at YWOL - does that mean Sydney Microlight Centre has disappeared?

Does anyone know if The Oaks also has problems with trikes?

Cheers.........Doug

Hi Mark, shame to hear of your hassels with YWOL that leaves you with long drive to Cowra. If you are willing to drive north you can try the strip at Somersby near Gosford. nice bunch of people and trikes operate from there as well. Or try Rutherford (maitland) trikes flying from there as well. or be like me and paddock bash.

blue skies

Ozzie

Welcome Mark,

My farm is on the way to Cowra (from Sydney) - so drop in sometime... Not that you would be flying from Sydney of course.

I might enlist your help to find out the location of other trikers in the Mid-West... I have only met 2 to date...

Cheers

Where did paul and the trike go after being "removed" from Wollongong? i was there a month or so ago in a duchess and noticed the trike hangar full of cessnas.... very sad, i had flown about 4 hrs in trikes with Paul down there..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark,

I'm a fixed wing pilot but I also am learning to fly a trike. Very different but GREAT FUN!!! I am learning at Maitland. The somersby strip is near the freeway to Newcastle. Get off at the somersby exit. It's a bit hard to find. See if I can get you some lat and long.

Cazza