Home Built Down - Lancefield Victoria

tvaner

Lucky man to get away with it amongst those trees. That RV8 is going to need more than a bit of buffing unfortunately, back to the workshop fella:crying: - I wonder how long he had been flying her, I see the rego was first issued in 2006 but that could have been well before completion. Anyone know what engine, Lycoming or one of the Subaru's that some people are putting into the RVs now?

Crikey! How lucky is that?040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif

Would it be going off thread to ask whether there seemed a tendency for RV fuselages to open up just above the rear of the wing when they take a tumble? Are the later RVs stronger?

Matt, thanks for taking the trouble to get John's version. Murphy undoubtedly had a hand in ensuring that the engine failed at a point where he couldn't glide free, but he had his share of luck too - I go cold at the thought of dropping 80 plus feet to the ground after crashing into the canopy.

I thought his piece was well written, great pity to have lost the efis data, but still there is a fair amount of info there anyway. Sad to see the aircraft totalled like that, but a great escape none the less.

Just caught up with this post.

So sorry to hear about the mishap, but like many, are just so happy that you are here to tell your unfortunate story.

Take care, and keep us posted mate.

There are are so many here that care, and I hope that makes you feel a bit more comfortable under the circumstances.

Kind Regards

Planey

3 or 4 news helicopters then showed up so I have had the pleasure of "starring" on the nightly news in yet another "miracle escape" story - although when all the things that happened to help me survive the crash are considered, there might be a bit more truth in it than most such stories. After all the bulldust was over, one of the news choppers offered me a ride back to my hangar which I was happy to accept.

I just caught up on this story as well and I am pleased, John, about your saved life: I think it is a miracle you are still here to tell the tale!!

It's a shame about your aircraft. I hope you have managed to get a replacement by now.