Jab Wheels assembly

bushpilot

Wondering if anyone has worked out an easy way to press the 2 halves of Jab wheels together when re-assembling after tyre change / repair.. Especially when mounting 10-ply tyres. The through bolts wont reach unless the 2 halves are compressed.

Cant use longer bolts as not enough clearance...

Cant use a normal car tyre press, as then cant reach the bolt / nut to do up...

Any ideas??

I went through the same exercise recently. If you remove the washers (and take out the valve) on two bolts and kneel on the rims you can get two nuts nuts on..... it is do-able, but difficult (I did it on 10 ply tyres!)...Good luck

.Just the same as BlackRod mentioned above.Works well.

Hmmm - Seems BR and Dazza are on to something.. Will try some longer bolts as starters...

Also, a spare Jab rim wheel would be handy to have - but they retail for about $300 each!

Txs.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have fitted a few of these before on my jab as well as mates.

It sounds like u have just a little too much air in the tube at assembly as the halves should push together enough to put the std bolts in ... make sure you soap up the tyre bead and powder the tube. If you put too much air in the tube you run the risk of pinching... you just need a very small amount air to get the tube away from the split joint but still allow you to push them together. If you need to put longer bolts in you will probably pinch your tube as you bring the rims together.

hope this helps

Cheers

Jack