It's wet again!

Guest burbles1

Guest burbles1

Is anyone else cheesed off with Sydney's weather yet? It's been weeks since I flew, and all I wanna do is finish my navs! Arrgghh! 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif (at least I can swot for the nav exam)

Yeah pretty peeved off with the weather haven't had a decent weekend since beginning October. rain on and off here in the Hunter as well. Need some sunshine! Drove past Jaspers during the week on my way down to Merimbula the strip looked like a seaplane base. Rained most of the trip as well.

Fortunately I`m still geting plenty of flying up here,but this has been the worst year in a lot of years.

Havn`t been able to do much reef fishing.

On the positive though,when it can`t get worse,it can only get better.

Cheers,

Frank.

Yep. Was going to fly today for the first time in a couple of months (been away and then works been all-consuming). I reckon I would've just about needed a snorkel if I'd tried! i_dunno

i_dunnoWhen i did my navs, a few years ago i had eight cancellations, booking in once a week, eights weeks very frustrating.

And its not just sydney getting the rain, but at the end of the day we need the rain 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Sorry to spoil the depression... 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif But been really nice days up here lately, we did get 24.5mm thursday night, but the days have been lovely. (and believe it or not, the rain was needed)

Been doing quite a bit of flying myself actually, the Hawk on friday morning, Cessna yesterday, will take the drifter for a burn today.... :big_grin: :thumb_up:

Hey GSA, this is the Alpi 200, but it's almost the same as the 300 except it's fixed undercarriage.

Has the CSU prop etc... if you want more information let me know and I'll get it to you, once you get signed off on this one, there is a Sparrow (with CSU) at Caloundra that you can also hire.

Nice aircraft - interesting on approach with flap out though.

Hi guys , must have something to do with where you live. It is supposed to be the build up up here (Kununurra) but have been able to do 2 great flights this week. Friday flew to Cape Dommet then coastal and back via wyndham. This morning out over the Cockburn Ranges ,no waterfalls unfortunately, but very smooth and the magnificant East Kimberly beauty.

Regards Bruce

Just out of interest why do you say "Interesting on approach with flap out"

Nothing you don't get used too, but because you have to keep it below 60kts flap speed, it tends to be a fairly high nose type approach to keep the speed under.

Guest Maj Millard

That's a fairly low flap speed there Tomo for something that clean. Speaking of flaps, I was always taught to only deploy or retract flap one notch (10 deg?) at a time, that way if you get a split flap condition (only one deploys) you should still be able to control the aircraft. it's rare of course, but usually happens in the pattern at a low speed, and can get you......................................................................maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Yeah, recommended approach speed is 54kts full flap, which is quite slow for an aircraft that cruises at 115kts quite easily.

I like the flap system of it though, you can either manually adjust them (electric) or have it in stages, so you just flick it, and it goes to where ever you said.

Yes been taught and do the same thing regarding flaps.