MapTrax Digital Aviation charts

Guest MapTrax

Guest MapTrax

We're back folks !

Firstly I would like to thank you for the positive comments and support we have received from the Recreational Flying community, and this has certainly helped spur us on in returning Digital Aviation Charts to the market.

I have two announcements tonight, and I will post these as subsequent posts in this thread.

If you have any queries about the charts or indeed problems with any of our charts, please PM me, and I will check out the problem, rectify it, and make any relevant announcements here regards corrections.

Cheers

Neil

Guest MapTrax

New Zealand Digital Aviation Charts

As mentioned above, we are very proud to announce the availability of all of New Zealand's aviation charts in digital geo-referenced format for use with moving map software and systems. We have worked very hard in co-operation with Airways New Zealand to bring this product to the market, and we hope it will provide great benefits to the NZ aviation community.

The mapping has been produced in ECW and Geo-TIFF formats at high resolution for use on Laptops and systems that can cope with the larger file sizes. We have also produced Ozi Explorer Ozfx3 versions of the charts at a 50% reduced resolution to reduce the file size for use on smaller hand-held computers and Personal navigation Devices, don't be fooled the quality is still fantastic, and we would encourage you to have a look at the samples on the MapTrax website, these have all been taken from the Ozi Explorer files.

We have also included PDF versions of the charts to enable you to do easier planning using Adobe Acrobat reader, or even a PDF reader on the iPad or iPhone.

The Charts have been bundled into three DVD packs:

• NZ Complete, all VNC's , ENRC's, the 1:1million Planning charts, and the 1:125K Terminal charts. Also includes a mosaic (stitched map) of all the 1:250K VNC's

• NZ North Island, all VNC's , ENRC's, the 1:1million Planning charts, and the 1:125K Terminal chart of Auckland. Also includes a mosaic (stitched map) of all the 1:250K VNC's that make up the North Island and the top of the South Island

• NZ South Island, all VNC's , ENRC's, the 1:1million Planning charts, and the 1:125K Terminal chart of Christchurch. Also includes a mosaic (stitched map) of all the 1:250K VNC's that make up the South Island and the bottom of the North Island

The charts are also available to be purchased individually on the MapTrax site, and we can send these to you burned onto a CD-Rom, or make them available for you to download directly from our distribution server on the web.

Guest MapTrax

Australian Digital Aviation Charts

We have worked hard to return the Australian Aviation Charts to the market, and in doing so we have had to make some changes to the way we sell the charts to make it cost-effective for us to continue to offer the charts. We hope the changes will provide everybody with better value, and encourage you to return year after year to update your charts.

MapTrax Aeronautical Chart packs will now be sold as a Yearly subscription, If you purchase a chart pack between the November and June release dates, you will initially receive the November charts, and then an update CD/DVD after the June charts are released. Similarly if you purchase a chart pack between June and Nov, you will initially receive the June charts, and then receive an update CD/DVD after the November charts are released.

We have assembled 4 chart packs:

1. Australia complete - All WAC's, VTC's, VNC's, Enroute & TAC's + the plotting chart. This pack retails for $495 for the year. If you were to purchase the maps individually it would cost well over $1000 for the year.

2. Eastern Australia - All WAC's, VTC's, VNC's, Enroute & TAC's + the plotting chart for Eastern Australia, taking a line from Darwin south. This pack retails for $325 for the year. If you were to purchase the maps individually it would cost well over $700 for the year.

3. Western Australia - All WAC's, VTC's, VNC's, Enroute & TAC's + the plotting chart for Western Australia, taking a line from Darwin south. This pack retails for $195 for the year. If you were to purchase the maps individually it would cost well over $500 for the year.

4. WAC Charts - All WAC's, + the plotting chart . This pack retails for $295 for the year. (note, due to the longer update cycle for WAC's, you may not always receive a mid-year update)

As for the NZ Charts, the Australian Charts have been produced in ECW and Geo-TIFF formats at high resolution for use on Laptops and systems that can cope with the larger file sizes. We have also produced Ozi Explorer Ozfx3 versions of the charts at a 50% reduced resolution to reduce the file size for use on smaller hand-held computers and Personal Navigation Devices.

We have also included PDF versions of the charts to enable you to do easier planning using Adobe Acrobat reader, or even a PDF reader on the iPad or iPhone.

The charts are also available to be purchased individually on the MapTrax site, and we can send these to you burned onto a CD-Rom, or make them available for you to download directly from our distribution server on the web. The zipped individual chart files contain all the file formats for the particular chart selected.

When a digital download chart is purchased, we will send you an e-mail with a link to download the file direct from our distributon web server, each file may range in size from 30MB to 160MB.

Individual charts are priced from $4.50 to $8.95, cheaper than they were previously.

If you purchase 10 or more individual charts the online store will automatically give you a 20% discount.

Guest JRMobile

Just a quick query? when I upgrade my existing Maptrax maps via the new down load facility will it included PDF versions of the chart or do I need to purchase the CD.

Cheers

John

Guest MapTrax

Individual Charts

As Horsefeathers has mentioned already, each individual chart download contains the ECW, Geo-TIFF, Ozfx3 and PDF files.

Cheers

Neil

• 1 month later...
Guest MapTrax

Folks,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the Australian & New Zealand Aviation Charts on the iPod and iPhone through the "Air Navigation Pro" application.

MapTrax has completed an agreement with the good folks at i-Flyte, to enable the Australian and New Zealand charts to be made available within their Air Navigation application. Each map is avialable through the "Map Store" tab within the application, and pricing is consistent with the pricing on the MapTrax website.

We have already had positive feedback from a number of customers that have already purchased the application and maps, and we would encourage any of you that want a good navigation app for the iPhone or iPad to have a look at the links below.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-navigation-pro/id301046057?mt=8

http://www.i-flyte.com/?page_id=1439

We hope everybody has had a good festive season, and in this spirit we have a few specials to run until the end of January, please check the Clearance & Specials section of our website for details.

Best Regards

Neil, Nicolle and the MapTrax Team.

Guest MapTrax

Tracktop,

Android users...... nothing from the i-flyte guys, possible worth sending them an e-mail to see if they have something in the works.... Also the OziExplorer version for Android must be getting closer to completion by now.

Maps.... unfortunately the charts have to be sliced and diced a lot smaller for use on the IOS devices, and the i-flyte guys handle this. So you will need to purchase maps separately if you want to use them across the two platforms.

Tell you what.... if anybody purchases the Air Nav product and purchases maps from them, send me a copy of the receipt for the maps, and I will send you PDF versions for use on your PC for planning.

Also there is a Geo-PDF viewer out there for IOS devices, which can use the charts that you purchase direct from us, but it is a generic map viewer, not Aviation specific like the Air Nav product. Search for "Avenza PDF Maps" on the iTunes store.

Cheers Neil

Guest MapTrax

Memory-Map - Be careful with Memory Map, it will work ok with the VTC Charts, but not so well with VNC / WAC or ERC charts, as Memory Map cannot handle the Lambert Conform Conical Projection properly, which all of these charts are projected and geo-referenced in. You may notice calibration errors.

This also negates us putting the charts through the Memory-map system for use within their iPad/iPhone application. Memory Map has come out of the maritime and topographic mapping market, where almost everything is projected in Mercator or one of it's variants, therefore they haven't added in the capability to cope with the Lambert Chart projections.

Regards

Neil

Guest MapTrax

Heon, unfortunately I don't have the development skills to write our own moving-map application, that's why we try and support a range of other software producers.

Cheers

Neil

• 4 months later...

Has anyone by any chance been in touch with MapTrax recently? I have been trying for the last couple of weeks (both EMail and phone landline and mobile, but can get no response). I hope that the business is still operating.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest MapTrax

Hi folks,

We are happy to announce the availability of the June 2nd release of Australian Aviation Charts.

Customers who purchased the yearly subscription in November, should receive their update DVD within the next day or so, as these were mailed on Friday.

For those customers using the "Avenza" application on the iPhone or iPad, we have now updated the PDF files to be full Geo-PDF files for use with this App.

Due to the large size of some of the zip files for upload and download, we have decided to remove the large Geo-TIFF files from the zip. This should mean a much faster delivery of the charts. If you need the Geo-TIFF's just let us know, and we will happily send them seperately. DVD customers still have the Geo-TIFF's on their discs.

We also have to announce that due to changing personal circumstances we have decided to cease trading at the end of October. We thank you for your patronage and support, we are working hard to ensure that the production of the charts is continued by somebody else with mapping experience.

As such, we have changed the Aviation DVD packs on the store to be a 6 month disc only, and are available at a reduced cost.

Best Regards

Neil and Nicolle.

Hi folks,

We are happy to announce the availability of the June 2nd release of Australian Aviation Charts.

Customers who purchased the yearly subscription in November, should receive their update DVD within the next day or so, as these were mailed on Friday.

For those customers using the "Avenza" application on the iPhone or iPad, we have now updated the PDF files to be full Geo-PDF files for use with this App.

Due to the large size of some of the zip files for upload and download, we have decided to remove the large Geo-TIFF files from the zip. This should mean a much faster delivery of the charts. If you need the Geo-TIFF's just let us know, and we will happily send them seperately. DVD customers still have the Geo-TIFF's on their discs.

We also have to announce that due to changing personal circumstances we have decided to cease trading at the end of October. We thank you for your patronage and support, we are working hard to ensure that the production of the charts is continued by somebody else with mapping experience.

As such, we have changed the Aviation DVD packs on the store to be a 6 month disc only, and are available at a reduced cost.

Best Regards

Neil and Nicolle.

Sad News........all the best wishes to you.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif