Persistant HIGH

Ultralights

is it just me, or is the unusually high pressure HIGH been sitting in the tasman sea now for quite a long time! these humid Noreasters it has been generating for the past 2 weeks is really starting to annoy me.. i want to fly my new plane, but we have had nothing but crosswinds these past 2 weeks! and looking at the forcast, it looks like hanging around for another 3 or 4 days! this has to be some kind of record for a stationary high pressure area.

Guest David C

Theres always a X Wind at Hoxton Park isn't there ? ..... Seriously though , I know what you mean . I've been trying to fly for a week or so and every day I have available the weather seems to gang up on me . Hopefully tomorrow , Darren and I can manage to break Earths shackles and take to the skies . lets keep our fingers crossed ..

Guest Fred Bear

Has been strange weather. I hope we can too Dave! Weather looks as though it could do anything tomorrow! Have to watch out for carby ice too. I think it will be another humid one.

It has been a very odd year weatherwise. The lows didn't come down as you can see from the chart. Our wet season has been a disaster with about 200mm for November to now. My dams are nearly dry and the ground has dry cracks in it now. It is the dryest since I came to this area in 1970, and I blame it on John Howard, or maybe it was Mark Latham. Anyway we are seriously looking for rain before the dry season starts in May.

It has been quite good for flying with cooler than normal temps and no cyclones.

Ian Borg