Converted to the dark side

alf jessup

Hi All,

Just letting you all know I got my rating in the 3 axis form of flight over the last week and a half.

Still got the trike but the feeling of another 40kts and no flight suit and having cabin heat aint all that bad.

Being a Rotax 912 fan and having a dig or 2 at the Jab engines over time I am swallowing some humble pie and saying what a sweet little airplane the J160D is.

Maybe i'll get the wife to fly with me more now seeing she won't have to dress up like the Michelin woman now and have to have her legs wrapped around me for countless hrs.

Cheers

Gone to the dark side Alf

Very funny Alf! Congrats on the new endos, HP, NW, . . . . And I would heartily agree about the J160. But, imagine what it would be like to fly one with a 912ULS up front. The best of both worlds and a good safe feeling.

Yes BlackRod,

I could only imagine that dream of a Roty up front, but I will continue to eat this humble pie and say I cannot fault the Jab engine as yet it is a sweet sounding smooth delivery of power and thus far reliable with 280hrs on the clock.

Once it gets to 750 hrs with out being touched (other than scheduled maintenance) like the Roty I'll be eating a hell of a big pie.

But for now shorts and cabin heat are the go and the ground moves faster than it used to.

Cheers

Alf

Well done Alf,

I'd like to have a go the other way, but hey, one day....;)

You need to have a go at a Jab 230 - sounds great:thumb_up:, goes great :big_grin:

Cheers

H

Well done Alf,I'd like to have a go the other way, but hey, one day....;)

You need to have a go at a Jab 230 - sounds great:thumb_up:, goes great :big_grin:

Cheers

H

MrH

The school i trained in has one online, I plan one day to get my rating in it.

But the 160 suits me fine with plenty of shoulder room at at 100kts it's 40 kts faster than the last 650 hrs i have done in the trike.

I have enjoyed and still enjoy the trike but i am getting older, a few more years the big 50 and I want to explore further afield also.

Cheers

Alf