Wings Over Illawarra 2011 AIRSHOW

Thruster87

• 1 month later...

Heard that only 4 roulettes will show as the fleet has/had some sort of engine issues and the F18 will only do a flyover as the RAAF has only 1 pilot who does the display/aerobatic flying and he is doing training elsewhere .Maybe he got into strife from his last display at IRA when he broke the F18. Cheers

Nice pics, mate. I was there too and thought it was a fairly good show. Took lots of my own pics but haven't had a chance to sort the good from bad yet.

Can't wait for NATFLY 2011!

Haven't got many pics done yet either.

Here's a couple of shots of the crowd which I stitched into one panorama - just to give an idea of the turnout.

I'll get some others later.

It was a great show, although watching the weather to the west, I decided to bail early.

Got "takeoff approved" right after a low pass by the Hudson and ran into a little of his wake on climb in front of 30,000 people.

Good to catch up with those from here (congrats on the XC again Rachel).

I won't get to Avalon, so this will have to do until Natfly.

I wonder if an airshow has been approved for Natfly this year? It didn't make much difference to the display at WoW (this was the first airshow year), but it did make the display flying a little safer and more professional.

I must admit that my feelings were it was fine as an event - but not much of an airshow - not even so much as a turn from the display aircraft let alone proper displays. I gather there was some issue with CASA !

I was on the vintage bike display and had a good time