J2/400 floating in floods

quentas

The floating jab J400 belongs to the Lockyer valley flying club secretary. It would seem that a total of four club members lost aircraft in the hanger at grantham. The owner of the field made a dramatic escape and is ok.

Insurance may cover some but when you have put 5 yes into a scratch built plane it must be heartbreaking:(

There are two other field just west of grantham so the tally of lost aircraft could be a lot higher. Let's hope the owners are high and dry to build again.

Guest Maj Millard

I recall that RELFY was in Towoomba recently . I was thinking of him when I saw that Jab in the water..................................Maj...

Fortunately Maj, not mine. Mine is sitting in the emergency evac point for the town emergency management plan so if it floats away then only the ark will save us. Through my sources I have heard stories of people going down to look at the water at T'ba and being swamped and swept away in an instant, with no warning. Very sad.

Guest Maj Millard

Good to hear Relfy.........Cheers....................................................................................Maj...