New starter.

Blueadventures

Hi I'm just about to start serious lessons soon maybe this weekend.

I have done some gliding and had a lesson in a lightwing in January 2010. The early year rain put paid to any more lessons back then. In August I heard a bout a Skyfox for sale and got it. The folding wings appealed to me as I can trailer it home when needed and a gliding had 1600 hours in them and gave me a good heads up on what to expect and what to do. Just finished the maintenance work to get her back in the air and last Sunday was the day. All went sweet and I look forward to getting some serious hours of experience and then travel to other close by airfields. As I live in Mackay; say to Townsville and Smokey creeek, Rodds Bay etc.

I'm in no hurry to push the learning as it will come together in time.

Look forward to meeting up along the way.

Cheers

Mike 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest turnbase

As they say all in good time but don't wait too long. I found that regular flying kept you skills moving forward rather that lengthy breaks as you waste a lot of valuable dual time repeating the last skill set.

Anyhow good luck and hope to see you solo!

You mean a Skyfox, Not a Gazelle? Congratulations in any case. And welcome to a very active forum. Nev.

Skyfox it is Nev, my old CA21 the one that many were interested in but never came to see.

I always said that first to see would buy.

Mike who bought it off me came, looked, made an offer and I accepted on the basis that the motor ran ok (my rule) as it hadn't been started for more than a year.

Despite some private mail comments I received from some who were interested but stuffed me around with a million and one questions wanting everything supplied to them about the plane before looking at it I wasn't disolutioned as I knew that a genuine buyer would come along eventually and I wasn't in a rush, I was prepared to wait.

I am a great believer in looking first then asking questions later.

If you are not interested in travelling first don't bother as I know only my time will be wasted.

I have sold a couple of aircraft over the years and been led up the garden path on a number of occasions so now I am very cautious in my dealings.

I might add in my 55 years plus I have never had a purchaser of either an aeroplane or motor vehicle of mine make a complaint to me about my ethics.

I have only had one complaint from a prospective purchaser of the Skyfox being a member or former member of these forums.

The complaint wasn't valid and based only on subjective emotion and I'm glad I didn't sell it to him as he probably would have whinged about it until the cows came home.

Another guy who had previously been interested came back in but ended up pulling out because he allegedly was told by the RAA for a couple reasons it couldn't be put on line for flying training, I believe they were wrong but that didn't bother me and at least he was frank with me.

It sat in the shed for about another 6mths or so, I lost track of time, when this really nice down to earth guy Mike rang me and told me that he had a referal re the Fox from a friend of mine.

I said come and have a look, in the meantime I sent him minimal info etc just advising him that he needed to look at it first.

Mike came tomy house looked at the plane, I supplied him with the info he needed, nothing held back re the history and condition and he made an offer which was near what I was thinking but a little less, not much, but as he was so straight with me and genuine I said yes it's a deal so long as the motor starts without any hiccups.

He returned a couple of weeks later with a friend, we pulled it out of the shed put a battery in it, kicked it in the guts and it went on the second attempt after a couple of seconds and ran sweet as.

We gave it the thumbs up, loaded it onto the trailer and Mike, aeroplane and his friend departed the next morning.

No complaints from Mike have been received by me, only a couple of questions and I think that he only found 2 minor things wrong with the plane that I hadn't told him about and of which I was unaware of.

He has done a great job of putting life back into the old girl and got a good aeroplane at a reasonable price

I would think that Mike would support me in everything I have hereinbefore stated so those who are quick off the mark with their tonuge learn to bite it first and instead be quick of the mark to look first look then ask questions later.

Thanks Mike you have been a great person to deal with.

I hope that you have many many hours of safe and enjoyable flying in the old girl.

Also that someday you fly down here and come for a fly in the Lambada with me.

With your gliding experience you should be able to teach me a thing or two. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Regards,

Rick-p

Hi Dexter,

it's a nice feeling when everyone walks away happy after finalising a deal and all parties have achieved their goal in the transaction.

Regards,

Rick-p

Hi Rick

All's good with 0606. Thanks again for the hospitality and having all the history a manuals ready when myself and Sandy first came down to have a look. Thanks also for the spares that you included in the deal. Look forward to having a fly with you in the Skyfox and also the Lambada.

I have some lessons booked next Sat and Sun at 6am so I am hoping for reasonable weather at least.

Last Saturday week (14th) weather was damp and the carby heat was a must.

All is going great with her; I've only done three flights totalling 2 hours ( 2 right hand on the stick and 1 left hand; no worries right hand but hopeless left hand at present.)

Engine, flight and control on ground all sweet.

Look forward to staying in contact and I'll let you know when I'm down at the gliding club next. The Blanik is still grounded as all the worlds fleet are at present. It's one of seven that have the Llewelyn modification and are still registered so its hoped that around April they may be the first ones cleared to fly.

Cheers

Mike

Great to hear that all is well Mike. It's funny about the left and right hand being like that or even the feet. It's a case of what was the first position of learning. I know that when I had my Super Pup a few years ago that it took a little time to get comfortable flying with my right hand on the stick and left on the throttle but now it's a case of either position is ok. When I first started learning to fly it was a dam nightmare with my feet because when a kid I was right into billycart racing which for those who have built and riden the old style ballrace cart's will know that the steering was done by applying force with either leg to a cross axle at the front of the cart. If you used your right foot the cart went left and left foot, right.You can probably see the problem I had on an aircraft rudder pedals. It was a case of the wrong direction unless I was giving the matter my full attention, which is a little hard when you are first learning as there is so much going on around you. It made for some interesting moments.

Rick-p