Long time watcher, first time contributer!

rocket1172

Hi all. My name is Rod and this is my first post. Ex GA Ag, but have been out of the seat for 4 years. But finally that has changed as of last weekend out at Ballarat Aero Club, in the Gazelle. I will be entering the aircraft owning sector shortly so I will be asking for some info (in other threads), which may have already been asked before, but bare with me. I live in Bacchus Marsh and would love to hear from others that may be close by to share stories or anything else with. Thanks, Rod.

Wow!! That WAS painless! You may not be able to shut me up now! lol :big_grin:

Thanks for the welcome Donny. I was glad to read your post on the savannah, as this tasty little morsal is on my list of potential aircraft. I hope to learn more about it. And as for the Texan, for along time now I have watched one flying around Sunbury Airfield here in Vic, and love the look and layout of it too, but she is a "budget buster" for me at the moment.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Hi Rocket,

I learnt to fly in a Texan at Penfield, and now co-own a Gazelle which we hangar there. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with! Happy to have an excuse to fly over to Ballarat as well. Do you know David Halls who I believe flies the Gazelle over there too?

Cheers

Neil

Thanks Neil, would like to catch up with you sometime. I would love the excuse to head to Penfield also. I will get my 5 hours out of the way, then I will be free. I do remember meeting you along time ago out there while lurking around. It was just after you bought the Gazelle, and you were just about to head out on a cross country. Anyway, we will meet again soon. By the way, is there any hangar spaces out at Penfield? I would be interested to know.

Thanks, Rod.

Hi Rod,

I wondered if it was you as I also recall talking to an ex-Ag pilot a while ago at Penfield. Glad you have decided to press ahead with your flying!

WRT hangar space at Penfield I am pretty sure there is room, but check with Terry or Rod to be sure. Terry's number is 0438 002578.

Hope to catch up soon!

Cheers

Neil