Monto over Queens Birthday Weekend

Guest Escadrille

Guest Escadrille

Does any one know if the Northern Flyin at Monto is going to go ahead over the lQueens Birthday long weekend in June this year(11-13 June)100_please.gif.86b3bfbc115b0271e90584d59019e59a.gif

here is the oficial version from our queensland representative

Ian,

Thanks for e-mailing me. I will send out an all-stations e-mail but it has been decided not to go ahead with MONTO this year because of everything that has happened (floods, cyclones etc) but we intend to run it next year and make it an annual event after that.

Kind Regards,

Steve Runciman

A prety lame excuse for doing nothing I think, but there is a flyin at old station on May 28 and 29 which is just south of Rocky, see other thread.

Regards

Ian Wells

Guest Steven Runciman
here is the oficial version from our queensland representativeIan,

Thanks for e-mailing me. I will send out an all-stations e-mail but it has been decided not to go ahead with MONTO this year because of everything that has happened (floods, cyclones etc) but we intend to run it next year and make it an annual event after that.

Kind Regards,

Steve Runciman

A prety lame excuse for doing nothing I think, but there is a flyin at old station on May 28 and 29 which is just south of Rocky, see other thread.

Regards

Ian Wells

Ian,

Interesting you didn't e-mail me with the comments above when you got my reply! If you think I do nothing come on to the board and volunteer for treasurer yourself!

Regards,

Steve

Regards

Ian Wells

There is also a flyin at Maryborough, QLD on 14th and 15th May with camping under the wing etc. which should be good. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

May looks like having a full month of weekend activities starting with a choice of the 2011 Grand Airshow at Shute Harbour, David Hack Classic Meet at Toowoomba or the Barossa Airshow on the 1st May, plus a fly in lunch BBQ at Scone on the 7th, All-In - Fly-in at Watts Bridge on the 21st as well as the ones already mentioned. I just hope I have enough avgas in my wallet 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

What's on at West Sale ,Bill

Hi MM,

Alf Jessup does some really excellent work hosting/organising a trike fly-in.

We missed most of it last year but we're hoping to spend a lot of time there this year (if Alf invites us that is 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif)

Regards Bill

Can I play devils advocate here and suggest that Qlders are crying out for an annual fly-in and monto seems to be a venue worthy of attendance...just a thought?

PS. You don't need to give me much of a reason to fly somewhere! :)