Camping at Natfly Temora when arriving by car

David Isaac

Hi Folks, just read the new Mag and insert, but blowed if I can see any reference to the camping areas to anyone arriving by car who wishes to camp on the airfield. I even tried a 'girly look' and that didn't work either 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif. Does anyone know the gen from last year or who I should contact to book a site?

David

Good question David, it doesn't look as though I'll be flying down and I also scanned the mag with this in mind - was considering doing the unthinkable and actually calling someone who may know.

The gyro lads have "booked" a number of sites at the event, could be quite a number of them actually, all done via RAA ( display sites )......as well a lot of gyros guys are camping there. So RAA has answers to your queries.

Will be quite a number of 2 seaters there, great chance for you all to experience a TIF in several different makes....Oz and imports. ( $65k to $130k turn key machines )

Regretably me and me "build".........won't be ready, pity about that. The "ECU" has demons within...........Grrrrrrrrr. About to orgynise an after market one.......Motec n600 probably, which will mean rewiring machine to suit........just what i need.....another delay ( drive a man to drink.....deadset )

G'day fellahs,

Do as I did and book your camping from the good folk who manage this website: http://www.temora.com.au/

Look on the right and fill in the criteria for the accommodation you want (Caravan Parks and Camping) and then hit "Search". Choose from "NATFLY 2011" (underwing parking) or "Temora Airfield..." according to your prefs.

Cheers,

We're intending to fly in and camp under wing, but if the weather doesn't play ball then we'll be driving. It's pretty hard to camp under the wing of a car... To avoid distracting the fine folk at RAA, does anyone know whether you can still camp at the airport if the transport you arrive in never climbs above zero AGL?

Thanks for your help guys, I called RAA and they directed me to the home page of the RAA website and the link to Natfly and under airfield camping there is a line that says call Natalie Irvine 0418 780 251. So I did and I am booked in. Interestingly it is a very informal process, she did not even require a payment. I will be traveling down on the Wednesday by car and camping under my Lancruiser "fox wing" and Oz tent right on the field so drop in, I will be there for 5 days, heading home Monday morning. Looking forward to the event since it will be my first.

David

Well done David, beat me to it, work demanded the first few hours of the day; I'll give Natalie a call. Looking forward to puting faces to the names, as well as seeing a few familiar ones.

Sadly I won't be there this year 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

So make sure you all get a good lot of photos!

If only it wasn't over easter it would be a lot more manageable! Got three things on that weekend I'm supposed to be doing/attending :rolleyes: