Hello up there!

jon

I am a tyro at this caper - so I hope I am typing in the right space!

Learned to fly on a Tiger in '62 then on to CPL and CIR but haven't flown for a while (the ASIC issue rubbed me up the wrong way). Now keen to build a kit plane but still unsure of which one gives best value. Love the Searey (expensive over here despite parity), keen on the Brumby (really requires 'building'), impressed with Garry Morgan's Sierra 100 (seems to get best performance from the same engines).

Haven't seen too many threads on the above types - is that because nobody has them or knows something I don't?

Cheers

John:wave:

Guest davidh10

While you will get a nice welcome in this thread...

Welcome Jon; both to this site and back to flying :-)

Your post will be seen by more with a like interest if posted in one of the more specific forums, like "Aircraft Kits and Homebuilt".

P.S. You won't need an ASIC if flying under a Recreational Pilot Certificate at non-security controlled ADs.

Thanks David

I like your photography.

My days are spent as an architect but we live in a very picturesque part of Vic (near Cathedral Range)

Cheers

John

Guest davidh10

I haven't made it down to the Cathedral Range area yet, but have driven past many times. It is a lovely area in which to be living.

Thanks for the comment on my photos. There's a couple of terrestrial photos in there, taken in the Acheron Valley (from the Acheron Way). Another very picturesque part of Victoria, if you'll forgive the pun smile.gif

• 10 months later...
I haven't made it down to the Cathedral Range area yet, but have driven past many times. It is a lovely area in which to be living. Thanks for the comment on my photos. There's a couple of terrestrial photos in there, taken in the Acheron Valley (from the Acheron Way). Another very picturesque part of Victoria, if you'll forgive the pun smile.gif

Hi David,

Your pics are great and the videos.

I'm trying to think of ways to set up a business to enable me to make the tax man pay some of the cost of my plane... Thought about tourist flights...but need a commercial licence.... Just had a thought... Photography?

Is it possible?

Regards

Mark

Guest davidh10
Hi David,Your pics are great and the videos.

I'm trying to think of ways to set up a business to enable me to make the tax man pay some of the cost of my plane... Thought about tourist flights...but need a commercial licence.... Just had a thought... Photography?

Is it possible?

Regards

Mark

Thanks for the compliments, Mark.

Unfortunately, the only commercial operation you can perform with a recreational aircraft is to open a flying school. To use an aircraft for another commercial purpose you will need to go GA.

For me, my aerial photography is just a facet of my photography hobby, as indeed flying is another hobby and it is really enjoyable to be able to combine them.

If you go to 'Forums and then Morgan Aeroworks you will find many posts pertaining to the Morgan Aircraft.Alan.

This is ours which was factory built.

Geeeeeeeez ! Quernsey from Guernsey, Thats a real nice looking play thing to have in your toy-box.

I've seen Slarti's close-up and they look great.

Take care of it, and have fun.

Kind Regards

Planey