Ea81 Thrust

Aero28

Hello All, I have question about thrust. I am putting a EA81 in a High wing two place I designed. The Soob has 2:1 Belt drive CD 175 Stromberg off a Range Rover going into the standard inlet manifold, reground cam and inch and a quater exhaust with muffler. Propellor is a two blade Warp Drive, 70 ". Hooked it up to the fence and got 220 lbs of thrust. How much should I be getting?

I am in the middle of making a larger inlet manifold and inch and a half exhaust so should breath a lot better. I have seen a 912 with three blade prop gets around 340 lbs of thrust.

Cheers

Is the same scale being used in both instances? Lots of things come into play here. The engines should be fairly similar HP, but you would have to take your RPM into account as if you are down on RPM the power available is a lot less. Really we are guessing at the power unless you have something like a dyno test. The prop will make a lot of difference. In fact it is the big factor for thrust, and that's what it is about. Blade area and pitch. You might get more static thrust with a fine pitch prop but it could be useless in reality, when you come to actually fly the plane, as it is like a car stuck in first gear. Nev

Loved the way one of the dogs ( Huskies?) climbed onto the roof of his kennel for safety.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Can that prop be reversed so that it drives his pod forward instead of dragging backwards in is current set-up, or does he have to go through it all again before flight?