Got my Pilot Certificate today!

you should log some hours in a drifter, 25nm will seem a lot a epic journey 014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

I'd love to give the good ol' rag and tube aircraft a go!

I also like the look of the Sapphires - I think they just qualify as high performance? 85 kt cruise?

Question: how does one get endorsed for a single seat aircraft*?

* (apart from the fact that they are a tailwheel, I'd have to do that, too)

Guest davidh10
Just updated my blog, if anyone is interested in reading about yesterday's happenings. Yes, I'm a slow writer! 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Yep. Had a read. It takes me back to my test. Strangely, my engine was just as unreliable as yours...funny how flight tests seem to have such a marked affect on engine reliability ;-)

One of the other features of my test was being asked several times to do things that were not legal and having to identify that was the case and thus could not do them. As examples, turn right on takeoff while still in the circuit area and turn to overfly the town before I had sufficient altitude.

I'd love to give the good ol' rag and tube aircraft a go!I also like the look of the Sapphires - I think they just qualify as high performance? 85 kt cruise?

Question: how does one get endorsed for a single seat aircraft*?

* (apart from the fact that they are a tailwheel, I'd have to do that, too)

you don't, a drifter you would get a tailwheel and a 2 stroke endorsement.

trust me, you will love flying the drifter

Thanks David! Glad you enjoyed it.

One of the other features of my test was being asked several times to do things that were not legal and having to identify that was the case and thus could not do them. As examples, turn right on takeoff while still in the circuit area and turn to overfly the town before I had sufficient altitude.

Manny had mentioned the possibility of that in the leadup to the test. It was mostly centred around weather considerations. If Manny asked me to switch to a crosswind runway that was above the maximum demonstrated for the aircraft and I complied without picking it up, that would be a fail.

Well Done Evan,One day I'll get there as well

Congratulations, Hope to get there myself!

Thanks guys! You'll get there. I know there were some days when the weather was crap, or my RDOs just didn't align with flying school days that I thought I'd never get there! ...But that day did come, and it will for you too! Keep at it!:thumb_up: