Maryborough on the 14th/15th May

rdarby

Anyone going? It's going to be my first fly in, luckily I have been to Maryborough once before.

I don't see much info on their website, does anyone know if there will be specific rules in place such as where to park, a ground frequency to use etc? Or do we just land and work it out when we get there? Ryan

I don't see much info on their website, does anyone know if there will be specific rules in place such as where to park, a ground frequency to use etc? Or do we just land and work it out when we get there?

Ryan

There will be directions to parking, camping areas and they are also working towards there being a Surface Movement Frequency, frequency TBA.

NOTAM to be issued shortly.

Safe flying

Kev

Yep, we are also planning on going and have booked in for the spit roast on the saturday night...

... don't forget the sausage sizzles too 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Safe flying

Kev

I'm only there for the day on Saturday. Will fly up in the hire-a-sportstar. It's silver, more than happy to say hello to anyone.

Am I right in thinking I will be able to arrive and have breakfast, look at lots of airplanes and then have lunch, maybe watch some fly bys and chat to people then depart in the afternoon? And generally have a good time?

Importantly, are there sand flies at Maryborough? Last time I was at a fly in, as a passenger, I got eaten!

• 2 weeks later...

I will be driving up on Sunday Morning. Theres still not much information on their website. Does anyone know how much entry will be? Is it free like Watts Bridge, or will i need to take out a mortgage like Bundaberg.

It is free to get in, driving or walking. However, there will be tins around asking for donations for the Royal Flying Doctor Service and Angel Flight ... all in a good cause.

Safe Flying

Kev

Were you there today? I would have come and say hello.

Yes, much busier than we thought it would be. Only had a half hour break to get out and see what had landed. Saw quite a lot of the Warbirds over the BBQ though. Would have been nice to say 'hello'.

Will be back tomorrow afternoon for the next shift on the sausage sizzle. If you are around, come and say 'hello'. Either way, have a good day. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif