TSO Altimeter

My altimeter has died. It was the cheapest I could find 2.5 years ago, but still no excuse. It started needing to be set to 1000 feet on ground and is climbing. Like in Blackjack, when it reaches 21, I split. Kidding, I want a working altimeter.

Now, with all the controlled airspace and such, I would like a TSO'd one.

But they are ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know of a sensibly cheap one?

Also, I found this:http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/taskem.php which doesn't say it IS TSO's, just that it exceeds specs. Does that mean it can be considered TSO? It looks cheap enough, even though I'd rather have the old style one. They look a lot prettier than anything glass.

Mind you, if I had a glass dash I'd probably get bored and hack it as an e-reader which wouldn't do much for flight safety. "Inbound at page 76"

Any reccommendations would be nice.

I recently purchased a second hand altimeter, fully checked and with Instrument 8/9 certification for $550 from the bloke who does all the instrument work for the mob I work for.

Note that the altimeter from Spruce & Specialty is set to inches of mercury, not millibars. You'd have to get it converted, although most of the altimeters S&S sell can be supplied in mb. Don't touch a Chinese one.

OME

(QED Hardware doesn't carry altimeters as a stock item)

I just got one of these from Aircraft Spruce a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't see it in their catalogue just now though, for some reason.http://www.skygeek.com/pai-700-14v.html

rgmwa

Oops! Just saw this thread surface again, and realised I'd misread the original post. Please continue to ignore, .... unless you're after a compass.

rgmwa