The lowest fly-by of all time!

Aussie Steve

Great classic footage Chris. He was an amazing pilot, 045_beg.gif.b05ea876053438dae8f282faacd973d1.gif and had his dramas right to the end of his flying days.

Which was made longer thanks to CASA.

the following is a quote from Wikipedia

Bob Hoover Medical controversy

Bobs famous "Ole Yeller," flown by John Bagley at an air show in Rexburg, ID.

His air show aerobatics career ended over medical concerns, when his medical certificate was revoked by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the early 1990s.[14]

Shortly before the revocation, Hoover experienced serious engine problems in a T-28 off the coast of California. During his return to Torrance, he was able to keep the engine running intermittently by constantly manipulating the throttle, mixture, and propeller lever. Just as he landed the engine froze. Hoover believed his successful management of this difficult emergency should have convinced the FAA that his capabilities were as good as ever.[15] Meanwhile, Hoover was granted a pilot's licence, and medical certificate, by Australia's aviation authorities.[

Guest Maj Millard

P2010704.JPG.8242c510e697fca1aba97aa957e4d146.JPG

My one brush with the legend !. I helped Bob push 'Ole yeller', his P-51 Mustang, out of the hangar one morning at a California airshow. The pilots had a big night before...he wasn't real talkative. I was impressed with the shoes he was wearing...standard officers' dress shoes totally spit polished to a high gloss all over. Don't suppose he did that in a POW camp do you ??!......Robert .A.'Bob' Hoover by the way, was about 7 ft tall and skinny as a stringbean! and was sponsored at the time by Evergreen International.. 'Ole Yeller' is a very stock P-51 Mustang....The wife and I also spotted him one night in downtown Reno during the Air Races. He was nicely suited up, tie , fairly lubricated and with a girl under each arm !..ah the life ! That man truly is what legend is all about !..................................................................Maj with beard ...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Reno5_2041.jpg.26244059aed700c5bccd3d5b408d3ac8.jpg

1967086951_2xP-51s.thumb.jpg.2f8da48179a3be6aa0680e53fc85ade0.jpg

Guest Maj Millard

Lucky is my second name Pud, hence the smile on my face !!......................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif