Theory Books

BAK Books

Thanks Ian

I'M told theres one by BOB Tait thats very good

I guess I'm more likely to be after "Aviation Theory Centre Student Pilot Kit".

I'm thinking about embarking on a License (not to sure what level) But I would like to get hold of some theory book to have a look at whats involved. And start studying

Nev

If you think that you may go on to PPL then Bob Taits would be the better one as his PPL Guide references his BAK in a lot of places.

Everyone has their preference of which book/kit is better and it would be interesting hear other forum members thoughts on which ones they found ok and why.

Get Bob Taits - I have used lots of different books but Bob's books seem clearer.

Can get them from his website for $82.50 delivered (doesn't seem to discount much - I bought 10 and only got 10% off).

PPL Folder

A Guy from a local flying school just showed me a PPL book in the form of a folder written by Ian Someone (If my memory's correct)

He told me it was more or less a condensed version of all the book leading up to ppl.

lots of color pictures etc

Any know of this publication?

Guest bateo

Sounds very basic with coloured pictures??? I personally used The Aviation Theory Centre's kit.. Think it was around $150 for 3 GFPT, BAK and Radio Procedures book aswell as a Pilot's logbook.. They were great and very understandable at a young age for me, to learn from scratch.

I then used Bob Tait's PPL theory books for the PPL.. I found that Tait's was a little harder to understand as because it was slightly more detailed (which could be a good thing for some)..

Check with Ian to see which BAK books he is getting in the shop as those are the 2 main sources.

Correction

A Guy from a local flying school just showed me a PPL book in the form of a folder written by Ian Someone (If my memory's correct)He told me it was more or less a condensed version of all the book leading up to ppl.

lots of color pictures etc

Any know of this publication?

Correction:-

The Publication is written by Jim Davis

http://jimdavis.com.au/

Guest Juliette Lima

Jim Davis has written some great training articles and writes in a very entertaining style which incorporates his humor and vast practical experience......after seeing the examples in his new publication I'm impressed.

JL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ross_Paine

I have Jim's PPL book. It's really good, if you don't mind reading "but you don't need to understand [this concept] yet" a lot. He does tell you what page to turn to to get the description of the concept that you apparently don't need to know yet, but I seem to spend a lot of time going back and forth. That said, I could say the same thing over in a positive light.