Sensenich fixed pitch

deadstick

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the model number for the fixed pitch sensenich prop available for the J230? I want to order on from the states as jab wanted $1850 for it! Also any experiences or recommendations you may have with it.

Thanks!

Guest witekd

If you need the fixed pitch propeller I suggest GT type GT-2/150/VPT-FW111SRTC. I've used it since 1 year and results are amazing.

Before I’ve used standard Jabiru propeller and if I compare these two GT is 10-15% more effective. Shorter takeoff, 10 knot better cruise speed, no problem with EGT.

Regards

Witold (Jabiru J430, SP-YOT Poland)

I'll have to check the number but I have a sensenich prop on mine ( in fact it is the same prop that was used on jabiru 's own demonstrator (VHBNP) for several years.

I have had some extensive experience with jabiru props and after two went to the sensenich. The issues I had (and as have all the jabiru owners here in Cairns) is that the props are too coarse. We have several jabs here and none of them could get the required static RPMs. I also had issues with high fuel usage. When I put the sensenich on I immediately got 250 Revs higher and the fuel usage dropped from high 30s back to 24 l/hr.

I had extensive discussions with jabiru about it and they initially stated the pitch stats were the same as the sensennich but after research jamie cook said the method of measuring the pitch was not the standard and conceded they were more coarse.

The sensenich is a way better prop from pitch point of view but there are some negatives.

The prop is more fragile than the jabiru. It's made from harder timber (maple vs pine) and isn't covered with a layer of glass. So we have found them to be more prone to cracks in the tip. We have had two Sensenich props get fine cracks in the tip. In fact mine has been repaired three times since I got it. Admittedly the first was a stop gap repair and the second was an almost negligent repair (the repairer used polyester resin not epoxy) and it shredded the glass layer in the first rain I flew through. The last repair was actually done properly and has lasted well.

The other issue is because it has only a thin layer of varnish it needs more frequent retourquing (especially here as we have long periods of high humidity). The torque tensions are a bit higher than the jabiru one because it is harder timber.

On balance I much prefer thevsensenich prop.

The price I got from US recently was same as from Jabiru. Sensinich dont seem to list thier fixed timber props online anymore

Latest sensinich from Jab are glass covered and should be much tougher than earlier ones mentioned here

Im still using the 3 blade option from Bolly, smooth and flys great. Im looking to go towards a differnt version shortly. Anyone interested in 3 blade Bolly for sale?

We have had the glass coated Sensenich prop on for about 50 hours and just did 22 hours to Lake Eyre etc and the prop was great. Minimal chips on all the dirt compared to our old timber one. Is there a difference ? I really can not notice any better take off and the cruise is exactly the same damn it.

Terry