The WolfRat has landed!

Planechaser

Canary Yellow Foxbat LS with tundra's sitting on the strip with 21 hrs on the clock and all I can say is YeeeeeHa!

This thing is a blast!!

Anyone who thinks that 172's are the only bush aircraft to fly needs to have a whirl in a WolfRat; doesn't matter much what you do, this thing is Solid.

Looking forward to getting to know it better.

Also thumbs up to Jim Nesbit who did the GA to RA-Aus conversion in Broken Hill; Very talented instructor, even if he does have a magnetic attraction to cross-wind landings!

Hours hours here I come.

• Like 1

Canary Yellow Foxbat LS with tundra's sitting on the strip with 21 hrs on the clock and all I can say is YeeeeeHa!This thing is a blast!!

Anyone who thinks that 172's are the only bush aircraft to fly needs to have a whirl in a WolfRat; doesn't matter much what you do, this thing is Solid.

Looking forward to getting to know it better.

Also thumbs up to Jim Nesbit who did the GA to RA-Aus conversion in Broken Hill; Very talented instructor, even if he does have a magnetic attraction to cross-wind landings!

Hours hours here I come.

Welcome to the forums Planechaser, and congratulations on your new aquisition. You'll have a lot of fun with that one, just don't tell us if decide to call it "Tweetie Pie" because of it's colour. Some of the blokes on here might give you a hard time.

Kind Regards

Planey

All worthy sugestions for The Rat, but my three year old and her cousin have christened her Big Bird and it seems to be sticking at the moment!!

All she needs is the orange stripes down the rear struts.....

All worthy sugestions for The Rat, but my three year old and her cousin have christened her Big Bird and it seems to be sticking at the moment!!All she needs is the orange stripes down the rear struts.....

In all my Sesame Street watching experience (c'mon guys, gimme a break - I have a two year old), I've never seen Big Bird actually fly. Not a good omen!

• Like 1

Spot on Jake.f. Jim who did the RA-Aus with me had not flown one before and was suprised at how nice and well mannered it was to land. He was also surprised at the slight wing drop when you finally do get it to stall properly,(at about 28kts flapped!!) considering it's good manners, but this might be just a particular quirk of 7878.

Hope the flying's good in Coffs. I've got family in the area to the South. Beautiful part of the world!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pookemon
"Yellow Terror" might be more manly....

Hmmm - I seem to remember that the AIRTC in Vic had a Cessna with the same nick name many, many years ago. Those were the days... :)