2 stroke - thoughts please?

icebob

I think that person was right on the money, I have found if treated correctly two strokes are just as good as anything else. There can be be a problem if the engine is secondhand and been treated incorrectly. There are some people out there who think mixing more oil with the fuel than is recommended by manufacturer will make their engine last longer.

Regards Richard.

Guest Maj Millard

Mmmmm, a bit retrospective, may have been more current in the late 80s when some of the problems mentioned were valid. Sounds more like the old problem of someone encountering problems after not availing themselves of all the great info available from both Rotax, and those flyers who have used them successfully for years.

The modern day 2-stroke engine is a very reliable unit, and if all the rotax recommendations are headed, gives great service. Any info this guy needs to solve his dramas, is available, and has been for years . That's my opinion anyway...........................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

No comment on the article!.... As Maj has said!...Heed Rotax recommendations!!!

Current engine on my Drifter, is a Rotax 503 DCDI..... E type gear box, 2.62:1 reduction...... Ivo, 60 inch diameter, ground adjustable prop.

Fuel used: Unleaded.....Oil: Castrol 2T.....Fuel consumption: 13/15 lts phr...Carby Jets: Factory Standard.

I installed the engine, August 08.....It has done 243 hrs and hasn`t missed a beat!

Frank.