Competency Based Traing & Assessment

Guest Roger

Flying training.

Ian, I hope the thrust of this thread is NOT just to make more money from the students. Education of the participants in our flying environment is essential to the maintenance of safety & competence. How the FACTS are supplied to our considerable numbers & in what form is the point. How do we maintain / improve our own standard. I think we all agree on one aspect, that "window dressing" should not be involved. I have always believed that more training (educating) and less checking, is the go..

The criteria that I apply to the desired standard of training, is that the trainee should have enough knowledge & understanding, to have a "good fighting chance" of doing it OK after his training is concluded. Of course we all know that it never stops, that experiences continue to teach us things all the time. How bad it would be if some unfortunate incident occurs later as a result of some serious gap in knowledge/ skill that could be considered BASIC. This is where we must get it pretty right. I have had a few students ( some with quite a lot of time up) say, (I didn't know you could do that, Or I didn't know what the aeroplane would do if you did that to it) & in situations that were not Knife edge stuff. Tony, I would think it worthwhile to buy your book, you put a lot of thought into it . Like you I am, and always have been, very interested in this subject. Nev...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic