Create Your Own Home Page

Admin

One of the great new features that I hope you will enjoy with the upcoming site update is that registered users of the site will be able to create their own site home page.

Those that use iGoogle as their internet home page will know that you can add widgets and move them around on the page to suit what you need like Gmail, Horoscopes, Your Links, Latest News and in fact there are hundreds of widgets that you can add to your iGoogle home page.

Well, you may like to use Recreational Flying as your home page and have the same kind of functionality but you will be able to select widgets not only from outside the site like Gmail etc, but you will also be able to have widgets that gather information from inside the site as well, all on the Recreational Flying site home page.

The Home Page will have a default layout to start from, for those that just want that, but for those that want more power in creating something unique for themselves, they will also have the opportunity available to have that as well.

You will notice on the sub menu of the following screen shot there is a "[Customise Home Page]" link.

2039534509_zzz1800x600.jpg.65cf858d95257bd2a6e0feaec7142af0.jpg

Registered users clicking this link will shown a page where they can simply click and drag a module to any part of the page that they prefer to see it and then add any settings to it that they may need:

386012479_zzz2800x600.jpg.40b553dd09716086db507b51e98fb071.jpg

Over time I will add many many modules that will be available for you to choose from to have on your own home page. After the new updated site is live, let me know what modules (widgets) you would like to have available and I will add them.

This will be a great feature that every Recreational Flying registered user can use in making this site more personal for them...making it THEIR home of pilots, aircraft and aviation enthusiasts

• Like 2