South Grafton 29-30 Oct

Guest aussie carl

Heard there is a fly in at Sth Grafton next weekend.anyone know anything about it.

Googled and got this Carl :

Annual Jacaranda Muster, South Grafton — 29-30 October 2011

The Grafton Aero Club extends an invitation to all aviation enthusiasts to join in for a friendly weekend. It’s a great time of the year when the jacarandas are in bloom. Accommodation can be arranged. There will be a courtesy bus running throughout the day. Tours of the city can be arranged for no extra cost.

Catering is available on the field during the day and Dining out at The Crown Hotel overlooking the Clarence River Saturday night

Skydiving tandem flights available

Helicopter Joyflights available

Sunday breakfast will be available at the club

Fuel available at RPT Grafton Airfield

All other information contact: Stewart Campbell 0408 522 280

Airfield: S29 42.5 E 152 55.7

Elevation: 20 Runway: 08-26

Guest Maj Millard

Damn I'd like to be there also, but just can't make it happen. Great little aero-club, airstrip and a great bunch of people. Enjoy it for me too, and may the weather gods shine upon you all....................Cheers Ross Millard (Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif)

Guest aussie carl

Flew up with Tone in the Sting today, Over flew at about 8.30 but the fog was to thick to land as we couldn't see the strip so we shot over to Grafton for 15min or so, Had a sticky beak at the fire fighting Eurocopter and AgWagon then went back to Sth Grafton, the fog had lifted to 700ft and the strip was not covered by fog but the town was.

Was greeted by me mate Lools. Lools jumped in the Sting with Tone and the went for a good fly. I kicked back on the "Verandah of knowledge" Had a chat to the locals and some bloke from Cessnock.

When Lools n Tone got back Lools T'd up a flight with Richard in his Savanah. Richard built the Savanah from a kit. What a fun machine it is.

A bit later Lools took me for a flight in Stews Jabaru 170, we cut a lap over Dave's place and over a few land marks, caught a thermal. (Lools flys gliders as well) Buy now we could see some storms a brewin. So Lools thought it best to put down. I jumped in the Sting with Tone and we ripped back to Coffs just in time to beat the rain.

Thanks Tone, Lools, Stew, Richard and the South Grafton club for a pretty cool day.

1704868617_IMG_0601copy.jpg.c0d78bbebc44d8515bf7661d2bb228e8.jpg

209208135_IMG_0602copy.jpg.a5db3a0ad6f369d1ee05c8164ee90f07.jpg

6109018_IMG_0606copy.jpg.0b8a9873b72e97189a50d359a9cb6938.jpg

IMG_0605.thumb.JPG.c569c211e93e40a948a424c02da4f86c.JPG

I left Redcliffe at 8am and got as far as Spring Mountain and had to turn back, there was unbroken cloud at 1800ft and I could harly see the ground it was so murky. So I went to Caboolture and then to Dunwich and had a chat and cup of tea, then went inland to try get home via Heck Field and TV Towers but had to turn back, as I couldn't see more than a few miles, so went coastal home. Quite glad to be on the ground, it was pretty opaque today! Ryan

Guest aussie carl

Fair dinkum Ryan. The cloud looked real thick and low north of Grafton, guess you got to see more of it than you wanted to.

Yer about 25 minuets + what seem likes 10 minuets taxing from 03 to the aero club