Half owner of and aircraft or owner of half an aircraft?

gandalph

Hi,

Just became the proud part owner of a Jabiru ST that is in need of some minor repairs and refurbishment following an EFATO. Suffered wing and fin damage as well as a couple of broken through bolts which lead to the relatively gentle off field landing and inversion. So plenty of work to do before the poor little thing gets back into the air. No flying posts for a while yet, but probably plenty of questions.

I'm based in Canberra. The plane is at Hilltop at my syndicate partner's repair facility. Got to solo 3 different times over 35 years of stop/start training. Managed to get about 150 hours in sailplanes as well. The plan is to use the plane to get some hours and some RAA endorsements and then decide if I want to go the full GA ticket route

Chose the nickname Gandalph because I'm old and grey, NOT because I'm wise!022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Welcome Gandalf ... Of course, we expect a few photos along the way ... 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gifPeter

Thanks Facthunter, Frank and Peter for your warm welcome.

Peter, You should be careful what you wish for.....there will be photos!

The aircraft is currently at my syndicate partner's repair facility at Hilltop near Mittagong while I am based in Canberra, so I expect that my little red car will become a familiar site on the Hume Hwy over the next several months. Hmmm... perhaps I should change my nickname to Noddy.

Or a full owner of the aircraft for half the time. The first step in gaining wisdom would surely be the realisation that you need more of it..Welcome, Gandalph. ( What does it signify? ) Nev

You are right, the thing I know most about is how much I don't know about things.

Thanks Facthunter, Frank and Peter for your warm welcome.Peter, You should be careful what you wish for.....there will be photos!

The aircraft is currently at my syndicate partner's repair facility at Hilltop near Mittagong while I am based in Canberra, so I expect that my little red car will become a familiar site on the Hume Hwy over the next several months. Hmmm... perhaps I should change my nickname to Noddy.

G'day Gandalph and welcome to the forums,

Noddy isn't old and grey:augie:

Pud