Logan Reserve Airport

Tex

Just browsing the local area on Nearmap and Logan Reserve Airport SE Qld (near Logan city south of Brisbane) drew my attention. I always knew it was there, it was some years ago I drove by and saw a RAA (AUF) aircraft in one of the paddocks off the end of one of the strips. Looked well stuck... maybe it was a Jab.

Anyway, anyone know the history or present predicament of the place. Looks all privately owned, nice spot, but was wondering if an occasional landing was welcome or not?

Tex , Dazza

There are 2 strips at Logan Reserve. I have flown into the southern most strip several times. It is privately owned by a very nice gentleman named Ian. There is no fuel available and it is a bit of a walk out to the road to catch a cab or have someone pick you up. The gate at the road is locked but with prior arrangement Ian has always been very accommodating.

If you want to find out a bit more about it you can give me a call or send me a PM.

Cheers

Wags

Country Airstrip Guide (Qld) from has an entry for this field.

Owner/Operator is Logan Pastoral and Grazing Co (07) 32005541.

I did a practice forced landing into 05 on Saturday as part of my BFR, but did not land. Appeared to be well maintained.

Ian has told me that there are some remote controlled planes that operate from his strip on occassions on sundays so it would be a good idea to give Ian a call if you are planning to fly in the area just to make sure they are not buzzing around. I know this was a practice forced landing and you had no idea you were going to use it but it might be a good to make the instructors aware of this.

Wags