Wind Farm

old man emu

Just trying to stir the locals with those big paddles. Reckons all the local sheilas should be called Mona. Might end up being the only "farmer" to make any money in the area.

What would you call him? Successful? Nev

• Like 2

Guest Andys@coffs

yeah if you think drenching is a problem then wait until they try and do an aerial muster, many an R22 has been swatted out of the sky trying that.....

Guest Maj Millard

Don't buy into it. All the yuppies (remember them ?) in California invested heavily, and lost their arses big time. All they talk about is how much free power they produce, but truth is they are very heavy on the maintenance costs. Blades break or fail in high winds, and the power-producing turbines burn out a lot. oh, and did I mention lightning strikes ?...............059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

The only one I know who makes big bucks out of them is Craig Catto, a UL pilot who makes great props and who designs and manufacturers the blades for the wind turbines.

As far as con-jobs go, right up there with the get rich quick vineyards, and coal-seam gas production. Remember they are not in it for your benifit !.................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Cant really sat on the forum the whole things are a waste of time and space. Yet another illconcieved political knee jerk reaction to pander to the Greenies without considering the long term implications. They are a blot on the landscape. just my opinion.

David (the recently employed ) *(he who works gets the best toys)

Actually...the above comments are correct for THIS country (at the moment)

But not for some other countries. I have spent a fair amount of time in Denmark and they have soooooo many wind turbines its not funny. I would love to find a few pics I have taken 10 years ago when I was there . Got some great ariel pics from a Piper a friend was flying when were went from one place to another. They have lots of wind there day and night and local vege and sheep farmers buy these 1 and 2 megawatt wind generators and sell the power to the local communities there. Their communities are setup very differently to ours. This is done so much you wouldn't believe it. The reason is (and coming to every Australian household very soon) is the cost of power is incredibly high in Denmark...like most things there everything costs a fortune due to one type of tax or another. So there is good money to be made but it really is country/location specific

Mark

I think the wind farm tech in europe and even china is far advanced over what many believe.

The economics suit many applications just not politics.

The Dutch have even built off shore towers in the sea- massive buggers in high constant wind.

Guest Maj Millard

I know these all work great, and certainly have a massive future ahead in power generation. They are best financed however by large corporations or govenments..............................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif