issues of concern across the industry where they may exist and what "we" the RAA community can do to

David Isaac

Now that we have drifted completely off topic again my beloved forumites, may I suggest that we apply problems (perceived or factual) in relation to training and testing to the hypothetical below and discuss how we would progress these isuues from the point of observation, through discussion with a few others to ... " what do we do with this information ...". In other words how can we advise each other in an appropriate course of action to discharge our 'duty of care', if indeed we think we have a 'duty of care'.

I would like to suggest that your 'situation' may be a little more common than perhaps we are all prepared to acknowledge. Your case is perhaps an example of what I was trying to get some momentum in the discussion on.So without going into detail lets hypothesize on a situation that might be similar to yours in either GA or RAA.

1. Something of a safety matter has occurred that has caused concern to you

2. A number of persons have made similar observations and appear to have similar concerns

3. For these people to know about each other's concerns some private conversation between them must have ocurred

4. There appears to be significant concerns of reprisals

5. There appears to be a concern that if reported, nothing will be done about it and the reporters will be ostracised

6. There is concern that even if reported anonymously, the reporters identity would be obvious

I would imagine that this situation and the feelings of those involved would not be unusual.

So collectively what suggestions can we get from the rest of us ...? How would we handle this situation?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The diversion on my part is related to what our expectations may reasonably be. ie where we have come from and a guess at where we might reasonably expect to end up. ( the size and nature of the group in the future). Nev

• Like 1