How many hours on your trike?

My first trike was a two stroke 582. When I finally sold it (I was the third owner by this stage), it had more than 1430 hrs on it. It was on its second engine. The first engine managed over 1400 hrs with just one rebuild. I sold it with a new engine and tundra tyres which I had fitted.

The highest hours I ever saw on a XT912 was about 1100 and this was up in Byron bay.

Bluey.

Bluey,

My trike the first XT 912 built 001 has now 825hrs .40 minutes on the clock, i got it at 287 about 5 years ago, put a SST wing on it about 150 hrs ago and still runs as sweet as a nut.

Still got the 001 wing packed up in the shed with about 680 hrs on it.

Alf

Guest davidh10

My XT912 is two hours away from its 1,000 engine hour service and has done over 2,200 landings (used to be a flying school aircraft before I bought it). Guess what I'll be doing next weekend! I was going to fly off the two hours and do it last weekend, but weather wasn't great so I rotated the tyres on main gear instead (reversed on rims and then swapped left for right).

Bluey,

Your old trike just ticked over 1500 hours on a flight this morning 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif. That new motor you put on it hasn't missed a beat !

(I think that must make me it's 5th owner)

David

Good on ya David, good to see the old bird still giving so much pleasure. I still have a soft spot in my heart for her. That base may well have the highest hours of any base around Australia. Where are you flying from David?

Bluey.

Bought my XT-912 new in April 2007. I'd already done about 250 hours on X-582's by then.

Fitted the Mk-2 disc brake upgrade kit in Feb 2010

Fitted the Tundra upgrade kit in June 2011. Including tundra wheel-spats (KA-CHING $,$$$'s)

She now has 324 hours on the clock. My avatar picture was taken in May 2007.

The Airborne Buzzard I rebuilt in 2009 has about 23 hours on the base since rebuild and 70hrs on the Wizard-3 wing I bought 2nd hand with 65hrs on it.

Another Work-In-Progress single seat trike has 411 hrs on the trike base frame and the old wing, 10 hrs on R503 engine and prop, 0 hrs on the new wing.

Cheers,

Glen

Bluey - mainly flying out of a grass strip up near Lithgow - don't fly out of Wollongong much now ... its easier to chase the cows off the strip up here than to get through the gates and padlocks down at YWOL .. David