If it was easy .....

Guest rocketdriver

Guest rocketdriver

I've spent the last several days trying to improve the cooling on my suby EA81 on the KR2 .....

trying to find a way of having a low drag installation (= long inlet diffuser) whilst moving the radiator up front(ish) so I can get the battery out of the passenger foot well and behind the seat. And then there is the exhaust system that, with its cross over, occupies the centre part of the underside of the fuse ..... and the need to have the radiator sloping down slightly to the rear to ensure no air locks .....

conclusion ....The radiator will have to go under the cockpit ( about 3 ft further forward than it is now). I have a honda civic aluminium 3 row radiator that I will have to modify to get the inlets into the right place, and get rid of the filler cap (I have that on the firewall) and I will have to modify the exhaust system .... perhaps run it forward then back with the cross over in front of the sump.

Then I will have to create this masterpice of a diffuser inlet and convergent outlet a la P51. And still be able to get the lower cowl on and off ......

Ahh well ... its only money (the time I can find!)

cheers!

RD

This is a good example for the people having a spit at Jab on the bolts thread. Shows you just how complicated and time consuming development can be.

And I bet when you finally come up with a solution and it looks neat and simple, someone will think you did it in an afternoon.